Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new here so not sure if I've done this correct, but I have a beautiful 7 month choc lab who is fully crate and potty trained. However all of sudden she's started pooping in her crate, without barking or indicating she needs to be let out as she would usually. It's very odd the only significant changes as of late is that we've started taking her swimming. If anyone has any ideas to why, and any solutions to prevent future accidents that would be amazing.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,010 Posts
Are we talking normal solid poohs or diarrhea? I think in either case it’d be worth having a word with your vet. There are water borne diseases that can cause tummy issues. I can’t give advice really because I had a “5h1t” monster who’d pooh in her crate then roll in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are we talking normal solid poohs or diarrhea? I think in either case it’d be worth having a word with your vet. There are water borne diseases that can cause tummy issues. I can’t give advice really because I had a “5h1t” monster who’d pooh in her crate then roll in it.
Lol they are characters :D They are solid poops but yea I'll definitely check with the vets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Our pup went through a little phase of this. Then I noticed her nattering at her bottom it turned out to be her anal glands. Had them emptied and all settled down again.

·
Administrator
21,309 Posts
Also check that she is not coming into season. At 7 months old that could easily be happening, and with the hormone rush could easily be the answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts