Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 1/2 week old lab keeps getting hiccups, does anyone know why this may be and is there anything I can do to help him - he looks so uncomfortable when it happens :(

Thanks Sarah

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
awwwwww

rosze is 9 months and gets the hiccups mostly after she has wolfed down her meal or has gottin herself to excited everyday with out fail she will start hiccuping..lol

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
We always said that they were thriving when the puppies hiccough.

Actually, it tends to be a young puppy thing. Because when with littermates there is always a certain amount of competition for the food it tends to be an “Eat it up quick before the others get it!” thing. As they get older in their new home, and without the competition of littermates, so they gradually slow down just a little (Even if it does not appear that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and the bolting of food, and the hiccough which goes hand in hand with it gradually subsides.

Regards, John

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John what would this site do without you? Another sensible, knowlegable answer for a neurotic 'new mummy' :lol:

Sarah
x

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
Oh it's easy for me on the outside looking in Sarah. Just wait another 10.5 days time when I get my puppy and I'll be the neurotic one!!!

Regards, John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts