Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what a normal puppy coat looks like. I know that adult labs should have a short dense coat that feels hard to the touch etc, but am confused about what a proper pup coat should be. Both Maxs' parents had very short hard to the touch coats and although Maxs coat isn't as soft and furry as it used to be he has a strip that runs across the top of his back (from head to tail) that is about twice the length of the rest of his coat (if that makes sense?) - when he goes outside in the wind it can blow up and look a bit like a mohican :p is this normal?

I know it is probably a silly question to most people but Max is my first lab and I'm still getting accustomed to whats normal and whats not. Thanks in advance for any help... Jen

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
We noticed this with Corbie. Could see a thicker coat starting to grow through and it gradually worked it's way from his back end to his head! And it is wavier on the back than his soft puppy fur was. It's very waterproof though and any drips just run off it like on a duck's back - amazing! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts