Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penny has been on Proplan puppy food for the 1st year of her life, I now need to switch to adult stuff. I really need some advice for a good dry dog food to switch too. I find the Proplan great, but its quite expensive.

What do you all recommend?
Hills Science Plan, Eukaneba, Proplan adult, Burns, or should I be thinking about tins of meat too?

She was classed as slightly overweight, and is watching her weight. She is not allowed human food, or snacks and treats between meals!!

Advice gratefully received!
Px

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I use Burns, but would also consider feeding Skinners.

Look for a good quality food which lists meat meal (not derivatives) high in the ingredients section. You are also better off without any artificial colourings or additives, whether EU permitted or otherwise.

As for price, yes, you do need to watch it, but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for in terms of quality.

Other foods you might like to consider are perhaps Denes, Arden Grange, Autarky, JWB.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Well I can highly recommend Skinners. I feed Skinners Duck & Rice to all my dogs (except Sunni who is on the puppy version). There's quite a few of us on here who feed the same and are very happy with it.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Arden Grange is a good food - however, in my experience with all my older dogs - it is also not the best food if you have a dog who is prone to putting on weight (and this goes for their light food as well).

I feed my older dogs Iams light now - and find this excellent for managing their weight - unfortunately, it is also not cheap - although there are often excellent deals available which make it very competitive -so if you are thinking of using it, worth shopping around on and off line

1 - 5 of 5 Posts