Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try and word this as politely as possible ;)

Bradley has had an ahem "loose bowel problem" on and off since we had him, at first we attributed this to being a puppy, then change of surroundings, vaccinations, worming etc etc, but he still has problems with loose movements. One time it can be errrhhhmmm moist shall we say :oops: whereas the next it could be fairly hard, and the time after that very watery. You just never know. We thought it may have been something to do with training treats etc, so we have cut those right down, but still his little problem persists. He does have a really bad tendency to eat passing things such as grass, and even worms lately if it has been raining !!! you only have to turn your eyes for an instant and something pops into his mouth and its gone, irretreivable down into his stomach !!!

We thought this may be the final thing causing it, but just wanted other opinions from other puppy owners out there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would recommend changing his diet. He may well be one of those dogs with a sensitive tum. It could also be his immunity is being built up.

It would be worth changing him to a bland chicken + rice type of diet. James Wellbeloved or Hills or similar. Royal Canin is very rich.

Change the diet gradually over 7-10 days.

Good luck.

:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi labadmin,

Kane was the same when we first got him. We were going to change his food to Eukaneba (not sure if that is right :oops: ) from Royal Canin. We weened him onto it as advised to do but he never took to it. We changed back to Royal Canin & he is now solid most of the time.

I think we went through the same thing, cutting out his treats. He has a taste for snails & slugs though, haven't caught with a worm yet. Isn't very attactive when he eats a snail or a worm...Especially when he tries to lick you afterwards. :?

We had also been told that Royal Canin is very rich but Kane seems to like it....Hope Bradley firms up soon

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I think we went through the same thing, cutting out his treats. He has a taste for snails & slugs though, haven't caught with a worm yet. Isn't very attactive when he eats a snail or a worm...Especially when he tries to lick you afterwards.

We had also been told that Royal Canin is very rich but Kane seems to like it....Hope Bradley firms up soon
Thanks Kanesdad,

We've been feeding him chicken and fish and pasta etc for the last 2 days and his stools are now perfect (!) so its definately the food thats doing it... we are gonna change it now and start mixing the Royal Canin with the new stuff..we're just deciding on which brand to change it to. there seems to be so many good ones out there. :roll: :shock: :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts