Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
I'm looking into getting a puppy crate in preperation for when I get my puppy. I've been on some websites and the size that did keep popping up was 42" x 28" x 30" and it did actually say about labrador size. I just wondered if you could tell me if this size sounds about right before I go and buy one.
I can't wait to get my puppy and want everything to be just right for when we get her! :D
Thanks a lot.
xxx Jess xxx

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Jess,

When I got mine I got the 48inch version with partitions so that I could down size it to the right size. What you have to remember is that although the crates say sutible for labradors, your lab is just a puppy and will start off the size of a jack russel (not for long!). If you don't start off with the right sized crate you will find that house training will be alot harder as puppy will manage to find a corner and wee there. Your options are buy a smaller crate and then upgrade later or buy a bigger one now and use partitions to close down the space (and save money in the long run!). I found mine on e-bay by the way (alot cheaper than shops but just as good if not better!). Good luck with your new pup! :D

ps. don't leave pup in the crate more than 3hrs and introduce it slowly over days. :D

Cristina

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, I've had a look on ebay and probably will buy one from there! I'm not getting a puppy until the end of the year due to a pre booked holiday to scotland so I've got plenty of time to find just the right one!
xxx Jess xxx

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi

We were loaned at 30 inch crate and corbie only took up less than half of this at first! So he would've felt a bit lost in the biggest sized crate, unless it was partitioned off or something.

He's now nearly 5 months old and we recently bought him a 48 inch crate off ebay, so he'll have plenty of room when fully grown. I didn't know whether to go for the 42" either, but after I posted the question on here before, others had recommended the 48".

(I can even fit in it :lol: )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts