Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are slowly getting used to Holly, our 12 week old fox red lab.

We are away at Easter and will be out and about a fair bit and are very aware of not walking her too much. She will be 4 months when we are away, so I think that’s meant to be 20/25 minutes walking timing which isn’t much.

So we are thinking of buying some sort of carrier/backpack!

Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Administrator
20,383 Posts
It's not something I've ever done personally, although others have. I took Mandy, my first Labrador away to Scotland at 12 weeks. I just kept an eye on walking time. She had a little walk around Edinburgh Castle, a swim in St Mary's Loch and visited Robert the Bruce's cave. (Actually I think every village in Scotland has one of them ;) ) We then followed up with another holiday in North Wales. (The photo below was in the Llanberis Pass, in the days when I still had hair! (1972)) Mandy loved her caravan holidays!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
https://canineconcepts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Roadster-Pet-Stroller-600x600.jpg
Hi, I bought one of these for my older arthritic dog Jordi. He has since passed away and I have a new puppy aged 13 weeks. Obviously I don’t want to over exercise him so have started using this buggy so that we can go for longer walks with our older dog and exercise Bailey as and when. It folds right down so is easily transportable. Hope this helps. Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts