Labradors Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
?

·
0 Posts
Tarimoor said:
8O As impressed as I am by the field trialling poodle, I am thinking along other lines, possibly, although it might never happen!
Curly Coated Retriever, perhaps???? :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Nope :p

I've met some nice ones, but they're not the same as Labs and flatcoats, much more *aloof*, and I'm not attracted to them, their appearance isn't something I find appealing I'm afraid. No, if I were to go for another retriever, it would be a working bred GR, from specific lines that I like.

I must admit I'm also tempted by English Pointers, and Setters, but I think I'd stick to the retrievers. And all girls (just to keep it on topic).

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Wowee, this thread has taken a remarkable course 8O

Olly would like to point out that he is a smegma free zone, and just for the record can multi task too :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
gavnles said:
Wowee, this thread has taken a remarkable course 8O

Olly would like to point out that he is a smegma free zone, and just for the record can multi task too :wink:
I am not convinced about the smegma free bit 8O every single dog I've looked after has come with unwanted, urm, extras!! As for the multi tasking bit, now you're just making it up :p

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Hmm, call me cynical, but a Labrador dog that can read, AND employ their own legal team?? :p

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
A springer!! And you are actually insinuating a Springer Dog Pup could, by any stretch of the imagination, have, not only the capability to employ a team of legal experts, but would have the ability to concentrate on one subject without being distracted by anything at all, particularly anything shiny??!!

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
See, when I think of springers, it's 'ooooh, shiny' or 'ooooh, can I catch it' - usually the latter when it's a bird flying past at speed!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I've had both girls and boys. I can't say that I have a preference. After loosing my perfect yellow girl I wanted a complete change and got a lovely black boy.
In my limited experience, girls are a bit more self sufficient and not as needy, but that could just be the type of dogs I've had. Im not sure what sex my next dog will be.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The only reasons we are after a dog and not a bitch is, the inlaws have an entire chocolate lab who appreciates the female form and i prefer the size of the male over the female. Other then that we really arent fussed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great post - not just for folk looking for a puppy but also rehoming.
I have rehomed a bitch (Lucy) a fabulous natured girl who was perfect in every way - after we lost Lucy we decided to rehome again - wanting another bitch because Lucy was so easy etc, didn't want a big male, peeing on everything, humping.......... At the end of the day we've now got a handsome boy - fabulous nature, smaller than Lucy was, doesn't hump anything (he's been 'done') and very loving and cuddly. I definitely had males stereotyped which was very unfair - go for the dog that you like the look of, the feeling you get when you see it for the first time - the sex is immaterial!

·
Registered
119 Posts
When we picked our puppy we went along and played with all 6 of them. 3 of each. We picked the runt of the litter, the sex of the puppy didn't even come into it. It was how the puppy played with my kids and how affectionate she was. Not looking forward to kids questions about her season, but we will get her spayed after that, and answer any questions as they arise!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Growing up we have always had yellow girls! Don't ask me why. Coco broke half of that tradition being Chocolate, But still a girl :p And then we got Marley, A yellow boy! When we went to see Marley's litter I remember there was 2 boys and a girl. The girl was down at my feet biting my legs. Marley was extremely quiet. So we picked him. Well he ended up being the craziest dog!! He is full of energy and is always bouncing around. Don't judge a dog by how it acts when you go see it :lol:

After having Charlie my next choice is definitely a boy. I prefer them. I don't know why. But I was extremely lucky with Charlie! He was so easy to train. Did everything right. Was quiet. Not a bouncer.. :lol: He was just the perfect dog. I know not to expect that with the next one but it is always in the back of my mind. 8)

I also prefer labs to be BIG so more of a chance of that with a boy.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts