Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to chocolate labs and our little one is almost 13 weeks very active with that said we noticed what looks like a goose egg. on her head. I know dogs have a bone back there so wondering if its normal

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,474 Posts
I imagine you are referring to the occiput. This is sometimes more pronounced in young puppies, (and human babies) but normally disappears as the head grows and starts to change into the adult shape. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you that is what I was thinking it was. my husky mix has it but not as noticeable. :)

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Gosh, that is very pronounced. Maybe the next time you go to the vets, mention it, for peace of mind. Was it as noticeable when you took pup to have her puppy vaccinations? Though it may be perfectly normal, I’d want reassurance.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Pup has probably bumped her head on something. One of mine did that, huge lump that took several weeks to go down. Definitely check with your vet but I'd almost guarantee it's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah she does run under the tables so it is feasible that she bump it like that too. shes got a check up coming up so I will have the vet double check it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts