Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly is almost 6 1/2 months and in a proper routine re going to bed and getting up.

she generally has a last pee around 10/10.30 and happy goes into her crate, having been sleeping in the living room wit( us for an hour or so.

we have been getting her up and out by 7.30 for her first walk for the toilet but she does seem to not be that fussed about getting up and isn’t desperate to get out.

what time does Everyone else get up and out in the morning?

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
I'm happily retired, so not in a rush these days. I normally let the dogs out for the last time at around 11pm, before going to bed, then I get up at 8am. But the important thing is to slowly work around to the routine which you want. Dogs are pretty adaptable.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
No two weeks are the same for me, I'm a railways engineer so can be out on site or working from home at random times. My girls have learned to fit in, if I'm on nights they sleep in the dog room downstairs, and if I'm working days or working from home, then they have the choice of going down to the dog room, sleeping in the front room or kitchen, or coming upstairs with me. I tend to get up between about 5-6am to sort them out and start getting on with my working day, or just have a snooze on the sofa if I'm not working

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
I never had problems with shift work because others in the house were around all day, so it never affected my dogs. For me though, On occasions I did days and nights, at other times a double day shift, 6 to 2 and 2 to 10, but occasionally 3 shifts, 6 to 2, 2 to 10 and 10 to 6. If it came to shifts, I always thought day/night was the best of a bad job, but I rarely got a full night's sleep without getting a phone call and having to go in. Often by the time I'd sorted the problem out it was too late to go home again so I would get my head down in my office, and detail somebody to wake me before the day shift started. When Mandy went diabetic and I had to go to the vet first thing every day, to get her insulin dose stabilised, I used to take her to work every morning while I got the shift started, then slip out to take her to the vet, taking her home after and grabbing a cup of tea before going back to work. (I was lucky, my boss was also my friend :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts