Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out earlier today shopping and for a walk so I removed Corbie's treats from my jacket pocket (half of a Winalot Rewards stick - I break off little bits for him when out walking/training him), along with a poo bag (unused, I'll add!). I popped these items into one of my slippers which I had put on the shoe rack while I went out.

I returned from my trip (with more toys for Corbie :D ) and went straight out to see the little chocolate puppy one. While I was putting the shopping away I went to see where he had disappeared to - he was by the shoe rack..... :shock:

I didn't think anything of this but then he came running into the kitchen and hid under the table - something he does when he has things he shouldn't have! I thought he had found a twig as I could see something sticking out of the side of his mouth, then I noticed that it was actually his Winalot Rewards treat he was eating under the table. :lol: Cheeky pup had found it in my slipper.

Is nothing safe from the hound ... even in my not-so-smelly slippers :p ?! :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
lol..

:lol: these dogs eh?? lol.

Kind of know what you mean though, we got back from shopping tonight and Angel and Piper were both sat there looking at me,so once i put the shopping away, i gave Angel her LARGE alsation sized bone thingy and then gave piper her itty bitty little chew and they toddled happily off to eat them..I went into the lounge a couple of minutes later and what do I see?? you guessed it...

There was Angel sat finsihing Pipers one and there was Piper trying to chew a bone that was nearly as Big as she is :lol: .. but they were happy and I ended up giving piper a little puppy bikky as she was getting nowhere fast with Angels lol.

Take care xx

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Karen, Corbie's stealing of treats reminds me of Shadow. I had gone to work and Liz was getting ready to take him out when there was a knock at the door. We always use Spillers Shapes when we take him out and Liz had half a dozen in the pocket of her wax jacket. As it's quite scruffy she took the jacket off to answer the door and left it on the sofa. By the time she had got rid of the cold caller, Shadow was sat by the jacket with that unique Labrador look that says "I am too clever for you". As Liz put the jacket back on, she realised that the pocket was empty - the little rascal had sniffed out the pocket, got into and scoffed the lot! Aren't they little darlings?!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Karen

Lesson 872ish in the world of labs - they'll always find their treats! Even in that clever shoe rack hiding place!

I love their little faces when they know they've done wrong - never fails to make me smile and I can't possibly be annoyed with them! Perhaps this is their intention?!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
im sure that the very first lesson that labby mums teach labby pups is how to use those big brown eyes and soft floppy ears to get round their humans from the word go :lol: and as we all know IT WORKS!!!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all - yes, they are so clever when it comes to finding food :D

After Corbie had eaten all of his treat, he came out from under the table and greeted me with wagging tail and the look to say, 'Well, mum, you know you shouldn't leave my treats where I can find them!' :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts