Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 year old rescue lab who I've had for two days keeps pulling me. She almost pulls me over and when I call her she won't come. Any tips on the tone/authority in my voice and the stance i should adopt so she doesn't pull me over.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 3 year old rescue lab who I've had for two days keeps pulling me. She almost pulls me over and when I call her she won't come. Any tips on the tone/authority in my voice and the stance i should adopt so she doesn't pull me over.
Thanks
I think I posted this in the wrong section?

·
Administrator
20,640 Posts
Remember, you have her for 2 days. As yet you have no relationship with her. There is little difference between you and any other person she meets when walking. You look upon her as yours, but to her you are still virtually a stranger.

Any tips on the tone/authority in my voice
Think about that, As yet she does not know you. Would you go up to a stranger if he/she sounded fierce? I know I would be heading in the opposite direction!!! Use a happy voice. Make coming back to you a happy event. Have a pocket full of treats for her so when she arrives there is a reward for her.

My 3 year old rescue lab who I've had for two days keeps pulling me.
That is down to training. As a rescue I would not expect that you know anything about what has gone on in the past, what training she's had. For all you know the previous owner may have done no training, allowed her to get out of control, and that could easily be the reason why they got rid of her. Now, whenever you put the lead on it's training. Don't thing about going anywhere. walk in circles, squares, right and left hand. The instant she starts to get in front do an about turn and go in the opposite direction. Start her thinking about where you are rather than you having to think about where she is. Free running should be a reward for a little training.

John :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts