Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not got the hang of this site yet, sorry. This query got attached to the last thread I was reading - I forgot to press new thread.
Please could someone explain how I can print threads. Some particularly interesting ones (and there are many) I'd like to print out but when I click the 'printable version' button at the end of the thread, nothing happens. It is so annoying as I've tried to find threads again that I've found brilliant and I just haven't managed it. For example, there's a day in the life of a seven month puppy, by Jules I think. I really want to print that out to read again, and probably again, but I'll have to find it first.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't worry, You done the right thing by pressing 'Printable Version' as that would most certainly be the most efficient format --- but unfortunately it seems like that function somehow doesn't work either.

Going to file and print on your browser will work and be your only option but it will be a messy and inefficient format with lots of things you don't need printed.

·
Administrator
20,493 Posts
If you highlight what you want to print, then right click on it you can select copy, then you can paste it into Word, or whatever text editor you like and save it or print it as you prefer.

Regards, John

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks.
I've tried copying and pasting into word but that comes out as white on blue which is the same as reading it here.
I'll try Loyalblue's way and see what happens.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black on blue is not brilliantly legible either. Do you know how I can remove the blue background?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ahh if it's only one spefific post you want to read and not a whole thread.

Copy and paste the text into 'notepad' applicationfirst .. Then copy all the text again on notepad by highlighting or edit -> select all ... Then paste it into word.

In order to lose formatting ..

Or simply on word highlight thd text and click clear formatting .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you loyalblue. I'll have a go.

That's wonderful Jules. Thanks a lot. Really amusing but essential reading for a newbe lab mum.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I am not sure if I have got the gist of your requirements, but if you just right click and choose to put it in your favourites would that not save anything of interest for you.

June

1 - 10 of 10 Posts