Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Jack seems to be coping ok afte his op yesterday. A bit of moaning today but eating/drinking/wee/poo etc etc.

He had dissolvable stitches under the skin according to the sheet so does he need to be wearing a collar to stop him from licking the area?. We have been given a comfy collar instead of one of the lampshade styles which looks 100% more comfy but as we are home with him, we havent put it on him much.

His check up is in 6 days so I am assuming we have to stop him licking the area until then?.

Thanks

:)

Tracey
x

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
I think we only put one on Baxter if we were out. He wasn't bothered by his stitches, so we left him alone, just kept an eye on him.

Didn't help that he froze as soon as we put the lampshade on, and wouldn't moe as he thought it was following him!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
We didnt put a collar on Norman as he didnt bother with his stitches at all. But if he is constantly licking at them it may be worth thinking about putting one on. :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
With Bear, vet told us to make sure he didnt keep licking. We did same as you, only put collar thing on when we couldnt watch him.

Which was just as well, he hated wearing it, sent him wild charging round the place crashing into everything :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I was the same as Sarah with CJ, he only had his on if I went out although it meant he couldn`t move in his crate 8O , if Jack is ok with the area and not bothering with it I`d leave it off :)

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well he doesnt seem bothered, just an occasional glance nothing more, but as the stitches are under the skin, can he actually get to them?.

Tracey
x

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
max never had one on at all and showed no interest in licking thankfully. Funnily enough the only licking he did was when the hair started growning back on his leg where he had been shaved :roll:

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Aww poor Jack
Did not know he was going in bless him
Dyson has offered to help him find his ballies :lol: :p

We didnt bother with the collar either but brought one home with us just in case xx

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Georgia said:
Aww poor Jack
Did not know he was going in bless him
Dyson has offered to help him find his ballies :lol: :p

We didnt bother with the collar either but brought one home with us just in case xx
Jack says yes please Dyson!

:)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Fudgie didn't bother with the wound until his fur started to grow back either.
We tried the collar but he was up on his hind legs and jumping to try to get it off again, I figured this would do him more harm.
Is that comfy collar like a blow up rubber ring? :lol:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jo10 said:
Fudgie didn't bother with the wound until his fur started to grow back either.
We tried the collar but he was up on his hind legs and jumping to try to get it off again, I figured this would do him more harm.
Is that comfy collar like a blow up rubber ring? :lol:
yes, its just like a rubber ring!. Jack seems to love it!!. When I take it off he sits and stares at it, then nudges it! :roll:

Tracey
x

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Neither Neo nor Sam were given a collar - and Bramble remains intact - currently.....!

But when they ahve had collars I have only put them on when they may lick ie in the house rather than outside as they were on lead walks and so it was easy to make sure there was no licking

Hope he's all better very soon

Eve Neo and Bramble

1 - 14 of 14 Posts