Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Our Leo has just back from boarding. He was there for 4 days. I just feel that i have lost the puppy in him. He is so different!! He has gained weight which is good... but I feel he has gone very quiet. The spark in his eyes is gone. Else he is fit and fine, he eats well, his routine is intact. but he has lot some aggression (the playful kind). Today morning he did not even whine and it was 30 mins past his food time. I have increased his food intake slightly though.

Just confused. Just feels he has grown up suddenly !! he is jus 4 months ...

Any advise ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yesterday .. near the park there were 2 children patting him and he was only wagging his tail. excited.. yes.. but no playful jumping and mouthing.. horribly strange..he is like a big dog .. but where is my puppy gone !!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
It might just be that he is exhausted. If he's had interaction with other dogs and been doing lots and having lots going on at the kennels then he might just be tired. It's fairly normal esp as he is so young bless him. Give him a few days to recover and u might find the playful pup comes back with extra energy lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am getting the feeling that Leo was missing the kennel. but it seems like he is coming around. He is quieter than before but has also developed some listening skills .. if you know what i mean.. some part of his naughtiness is back !! ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am getting the feeling that Leo was missing the kennel. but it seems like he is coming around. He is quieter than before but has also developed some listening skills .. if you know what i mean.. some part of his naughtiness is back !! ..

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Poppy loves the kennels but loves to come home and she is always absolutely shattered! She is a real nosey parker and they say she doesn't sleep as is either playing out with the other dogs (supervised at all times), or watching what is going on, they even put her in a kennel close to the kitchens/staff room as there is more for her to see!

It can take quite a few days for her to bounce back once she's home but then she is our old Poppy again.

She has been going to the kennels since she was 6 months and we pop her in for at least an odd day a month so she remembers them all and she isn't stressed.

Susan and Poppy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts