Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I think Milo might have a bit of acne - he has a whitehead on his bottom jaw, which gets covered by his top lip flap, and a few red blotches under his chin. He doesn't seem bothered by them, still eating & drinking fine and will let me touch them.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so does it need a trip to the vets or will it just clear up like ours does?

Thanks x

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
A lot of pups get acne, including on their tummy as the hair eventually grows across the pink bits. Zasa has forever got scrapes and bits of dead skin on her tummy as she is forever crashing about across the moors like a bull in a china shop. If it looks sore I use a bit of sudocrem on her tum :)

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
I remember Jules (I think!?) discovering that plastic bowls seemed to cause irritation/acne on chin, switching to a metal bowl sorted the problem I think.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying. At first I thought it was a graze on his chin as he quite often lands on it when running for the ball, dopey dog.

He has those mason cash bowls, but might change to a metal one for his water. He does have it running down his face (and all over the floor) after a drink so I can see how that could make it worse!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts