Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any experience with the portable crates such as the simply crates or the doghaus products. We were wondering if they would meet the need for our 2 new boys both at home for house training and for travel. They are nylon and mesh and fold down ver quickly and take very little space.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I think you will find that most crates these days will fold down flat. Except some of them that are made for cars.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi nylon and mesh dont sound very sturdy??

the crate i have folds down flat but maybe a bit to big for a car..lol 48"

the metal ones are the best i think long last and hard wearing the dog can not chew its way out at all :p

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi

I know bailey bear has one and I borrow it to go to my Dad's sometimes, he is 83 and could easily be knocked over by boistrous pup !
Ideal for travelling / visiting.

Baileybear should be able to give a better idea on it's use with young dogs but for me Tilly only started using it when she was about a yr old and was used to her metal crate anyway so was not a prob.
I doubt they would be against puppy teeth and wouldn't use them as the ' main ' crate but for temporary situations it is superb.

It will be coming in August to the get together for sleeping quarters in the tent. It is a very strong webbing design folds flat and weighs only 9lb.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

I have to agree with clair the ones you have mention are weak and it would be very easy for your labs just to chew there way out.

I know there are plastic versions??? But I think in the long run the metal one are the best or though they are not practical for traveling even when folded unless you have the space and a big car to put them in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts