Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Poppy had her second injection yesterday, by 4 pm she had a very runny bum! Phoned the vet and they said let her rest and feed scrambled egg. We thought it was a reaction to the vaccination, however this morning she had several runny poo's and then one with streaks of blood in it. Straight to the vets, temperature normal, tummy not sore so he said it was most likely something she had eaten and more than likely a mouldy leaf. She had a couple of injections, one she was ok with the other she screamed ans screamed, and she has some medicine to take as well.

Right now she's laid asleep, has been for a while, so different from her usual 1000 mile an hour self. We're quite worried but the vet says she should be back to "normal" in 48 hours. He said it's quite common as they are so curious about everything and her being part lab she has to taste it!

OH has just taken her outside with Jess and she is running after her, not as fast as usual but she seems a bit brighter :D

Keep everything crossed for her.

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
poor ickle poppy. Hope she's back to normal tomorrow.

G

·
Poor Poppy! Hope she's feeling better soon!

If its any help, Rueben went through this phase too (eating everything in sight and getting a runny bum)!! 8O He now has a cast iron gut and can eat anything and everything with little effect! In fact he managed to pass a whole grown mans long sock last week with no trouble at all!! :roll:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
:lol: :lol: re: Rueben and the sock!!

I'm really glad to hear poppy's a bit brighter but can I just ask... a mouldy leaf? Is this sort of thing common?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update

:D :D Poppy is lots better today, back to being naughty! Had a real laugh this morning as a feather was blowing about on the patio and she didn't know what it was, she sat and watched it for while then tried sneaking up on it but it blew towards her so she ran under one of the garden chairs and barked at it, then crept up on it again and kept setting it off, of course it kept blowing towards her and she kept running away and causing a draft which made it follow her. Eventually she plucked up courage to sniff it and then grabbed it. Fortunately I got it out of her mouth straight away.

Whatever it was has come out at the other end now - it does look like chewed up leaves - didn't study it too closely. She must have got them from under one of the bushes in the garden, some mulched leaves that haven't rotted down probably.

Reminds me of a setter we had which used to raid the bin and her poo used to come out wrapped in the cling film or other wrapper of whatever she had stolen and eaten!

So pleased she is back to "normal". Can't wait til monday when we can start taking her for little walks, so far she has only seen the big wide world from our arms and hasn't been able to sniff anything herself, and she is getting a bit too heavy to carry around. Although I have made a sling to help support her so you can have an arm free, OH won't use it as it is turquoise - not a manly colour!

Thanks for sympathy!!!! XX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts