Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly seems really poorly this morning. OH got up first this morning to the dogs, Molly bounced around like Tigga as usual but then suddenly stopped half in and out the back door and yelped. Tig was next to her but had not done anything we think. Molly went and stood outside and would not come back in. I came straight down, Mol came in happily, but then when weaving around me just cringed to the floor and stopped. She has been hiding under the desk ever since. I managed to get her to eat some sardines, but no usual breakfast. Shes obviously distressed, but I cant find any particular source of pain.

Am waiting impatiently for vet to open. I have never seen my baby so quiet and unhappy.
Cant help worrying about blockages, she is a terrible scavenger and will eat non food rubbish if she can get hold of it.

positive vibes for molly needed please

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we are back from the vet. Mind you wouldnt you know it - as soon as we got there she put on a spurt of energy and dragged me through the door, and didnt look poorly at all :roll:

After a pretty thorough exam, Rachel the vet could not find anything definite,but she was struck by the fact that she woke up fine, but suddenly appeared in pain and distressed, Mol has slight swelling around her nose (almost invisible) that I had not noticed, then she may well have been stung. So after an antibiotic and inflammatory injection to cover all bases, we came home.

Molly trotted quite happily around the garden, did a HUGE poo (much to my relief) but then laid down at the far end and would not come in. I put her lead on an pursuaded her up the garden but she would not come in the back door and I had to take her around the house to the front.
Now she is laying by the front door looking extremely sory for herself and still looks quite distressed. But her reaction makes me think Rachel may be right.
Am keeping an eye on her at home today, if she does not improve or seems worse I will take her back this evening.

Hope her namesake is feeling better - lots of get better vibes heading your way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts