Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Mac isn't feeling well...

He vomited a few times yesterday and was a "bit flat" last night.

I tried to get some water into him (on Jules' advise thank you :wink: ) without much luck.

He slept well but is very quiet this morning - not looking for his breakfast or anything :(

I think he is a little dehydrated - He won't entertain the spooning method and I don't have a syringe... his skin is a tiny bit slow to return on a pinch test. I'lll keep trying this morning and maybe give him a tiny bit of food at lunchtime - if no improvement then I'll wizz hi of to the vets.

Can I have some get well soon vibe please?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue - It's been a while since he has been under the weather... I forgot how worrying it is!

I am deperately try not to be one of those over-cautious owners :? but it's really hard!

G

·
Oh Poor lad :( . Lots of get well soon vibes for him and yes if he is still feeling bad then I think you're wise to give the vets a ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he is not interested in food at all 8O (first time for everything!)

so TBH not gonna wait and will call vets this morning...

Can I ask a question - we moved recently and registered with a local vet. I do not like her and was thinking of changing - do i have to go there this time as I haven't had a chance to register somewhere else (I have since found another lovely practice that was recommended) or can I go to new one? though they won't have his notes etc...

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
I would just ring the vet you liked and ask to register Mac with them. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Becs and The Gang

G

·
I'd go to the vet you liked too. It isn't as if he is being treated for an on going problem and they need his notes, so I think it's just a case of "you pays your money and you takes your choice". :wink:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right off to vets now - will let you know what they say (and how muuch they charge - thank godness it's payday today! :wink: )

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we're back...

New vet just lovely - I am so happy I went there...

He isn't actually sure though what is up with Mac - He hopes it is just a tummy bug, but he is concerned he may hve a blockage as isnn't going to the loo :(

He is treating it conservatively, with a shot of anti-biotics, a shot of anti-sickness and some pro-biotic powders...

I have to try feeding him tonight - with sensitive food - and call vets in the morning.

Vet expects there to be some diarrhea today - if there isn't then it might be that he has something stuck in there...

Mac is very quiet - he was flat out in surgery the whole time - though didn't stop wagging his tail :wink: . He also has a slight fever. :(

He sleeping next to me on the sofa - I have syringed the powder down his neck (much to his digust) I am actually quite worried about my boy :(

G

·
oh no... poor Mac :( Its awful when they're unwell, if only they could speak :(

I hope he starts picking up once the antibiotic jab takes effect!!! Has he had anything to drink?

{{{{{get well soon}}}}} vibes for Mac xxx

1 - 20 of 205 Posts