Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to bed last night with Vegas in the kitchen sleeping, Rupert (my foster boy) napping on the sofa in the lounge, and Ozzie snuggled up with me upstairs.

Charlie has been on night shifts all week, so has been getting home and coming to bed at around 4am.

This morning at 7am I came downstairs with Ozzie, went into the kitchen, and Rupert was in there... I was surprised, as we don't put Rupert with the other two while he has his Buster collar on. But Vegas wasn't in there with him!

He wasn't in the lounge, in the hall, in the bathroom, in the larder in the kitchen, in the utility room, or in the muck room. Now I started to panic, I raced upstairs and he wasn't anywhere up there either, not in our bedroom, not under the bed, not locked in a wardrobe, nowhere.

By now I was really freaked out and starting to panic.

I figured I should look downstairs for him one last time before I called in the police, Scotland Yard, the FBI, CSI, private eyes and a selection of psychics - whomever was needed to find my boy, spare no expense... and this time, as I passed the back door, I saw a very lonely and scared little face staring back at me.

Charlie had put the dogs outside for a pee before he came up to bed, and in his nightshift sleepy fog, he had not counted them all again as they came inside :) Poor Vegas, he must have been so cold and lonely and confused!! I still can't believe he didn't make a peep though, if it had been Ozzie who had been left outside he'd have kicked up a right royal fuss and everyone within a 3 miile radius would have heard! But little Google-butt just curled up on the doormat and waited for someone to remember him.

He's very "clingy" this morning, I think it must have knocked his confidence a little, so I hope I can snap him out of it before our gundog 1-2-1 lesson this morning!

Naughty Daddy!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
:cry: Oh dear - what a sad boy Gus must have been! So- is hubby spending tonight sleeping on the doorstep?!! :lol:

Becs and The Gang

?

·
0 Posts
Awwww Poor Lad.

My hubby has done the same thing several times and I have come down in the morning all in a panic because one of the dogs is "missing". Tara got left in the garden a fair few times in her life, as she was such a quiet dog and she did so love to lay on the lawn and stargaze. I would find her still there in the morning all curled up asleep. Dickie even forgot Oyster once as she had gone asleep on a sunbed round the corner of the garden. She didn't make a peep all night, even though she was laid just under my bedroom window....I was in a right panic when I came down and couldn't find the great huge blonde lump but she was still asleep on the sunbed and just yawned and came wagging over when I called her. :lol:

So tell Gus he's not alone.......and to kick up a bit of a stink next time. :wink:

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Becs said:
So - is hubby spending tonight sleeping on the doorstep?!!
Ooooooh Becs, now THERE is an idea!!!! Perhaps if I change the locks while he's at work tonight, he'd be stuck in the same predicament!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
awwwww poor boy!!!! AND to keep quiet about it......bless him!!!

i think deffo charlie on doorstep tonight!

love jan and rubes xx

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Poor Gus :( Roxy has an all nighter in the garden before and never made a sound, so did Baz in his earlier years. Again , all OH's fault :roll:

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Poor Gus!!! And am with the doorstep idea for the OH!!!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Awww bless him , if you think it will help Ness tell Gus that Dale once left his grandma out from 3:30 in the morning till I got up and 6:30 and please her she was just sat on the grass waiting. So he sound just like Grandma Loo. Sitting nicely and waiting quietly hope Charlie gives him lots of treats when he wakes up later, to say sorry.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
poor little gus, i can just picture the confused little face at the door. At least its still reasonable warm at night.
Hugs to gus and tut tut's at your OH

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ness, i have been pondering this dreadful state of affairs all morning, and i think that i should remove gus from the household for his own safety!! :wink: :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Poor little Gus, and naughty daddy.

If I shut mine out for more than five minutes they kcik up enough fuss to rasie the whole of Gwynedd :oops:

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Poor Vegas

Buti have to admit if i forget the head count i have done the same myself and its usually Eddie or heidi that gets shut out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts