Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knwo some of you won't agree but me and my husband agreed to have Scooby castrated (mostly because there are a lot of girly dogs in the village and he likes to try to get to them)

Anyway I picked him up from the vets yesterday afternoon and he seemed okay. My husband bought him a bone as we felt sorry for him and he tucked in until I noticed a couple of chunks taken off it and so I took it off him. He later ate a small handful of his Beta dog food and again this morning. He did do a number 2 yesterday.

Today I came back fromthe shop to find him being sick. He was sick 8 times in a row and was groaning, but that has now stopped and he drank a little water and is now lying beside me.

The notes from the vets said to expect some vomiting but I am worried it could be bits of bone stuck in his stomach, although this hasn't caused problems before and it was a bone specially packaged for dogs. Am I just being paranoid?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Shame poor Scooby.

Personally if the vet said to expect some vomiting then I would just wait and watch him over night. As long as he is taking in some water then it should be ok. He may have tried to eat too much yesterday or not even rested enough.

When mine came back from the Vets they were both very different. One refused to eat or drink until very late that night whereas the oterh was normal. It did change the next day where they reversed roles.

I'd wait until tomorrow and take him back to the vet if it persists. They do usually ask you come back after two days to check they are healing properly.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He still thought that he could leap about like he normally does! He has already trashed the buster collar by bashing into doorways!

Now he is 'demanding' that I rub his belly by making funny noises when I stop!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Hope scooby gets better soon. Ben had one of those things that look like a lampshade on his head!!! (he hasn't been castrated!) with in 2 hours of getting him home he had managed to get his teeth in the join and had chewed it off. He was walking around with a big flap of plastic on top of his head! 8O :lol:

Like Amandajvv said you could just wait untill morning and see how he is, or if you are worried give the vets a ring and ask for some advice, they normally have a 24hr phone line. Might put your mind at rest. :D

Cristina

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Tracey,

Sorry to hear Scooby has been sick, how is he this morning? If you are at all worried i would give your vet a call just incase. Hopefully the sickness is not related to him eating the bone, and just after his op as the vet said - but a call to the vet might put your mind at rest.

They might also be able to give you a new buster collar! :wink:

Keep us posted, i wish him all the best for a quick recovery.

Regards,

Julie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts