Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lola our 6 1/2 month choc lab used to just do her business at the side of the house and has never been keen on going whilst out.She has progressed to doing it at the side of the garden and now all over the lawn ! I don't know how she has got into the habit i just stopped watching her every move as she had been so good. Any ideas of how i can stop this as it is difficult to stop her as when you catch her the job is almost done ! :(

G

·
0 Posts
pooing and peeing

Our murphy has a special patch on the lawn to discourage him going all over the place we designated a special place, then if he goes elsewhere as if an accident at home we were advised to squirt biological washing powder on places to discourage him, does not hurt the lawn Good Luck

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will try that today.She does have a special place but seems to have extended it somewhat.Silly question but do i put powder on neat ? :?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi there

I have a similarish problem with Smudge. Particularly when he goes number 2's.

He goes first, and then he like walks around whilst squatting and ends up covering various parts of the lawn with his you know what! Very difficult to clean up! This started happening after we let him out without his lead and to just do it on his own. He is so good at asking to be let out etc and this is the only thing that worries us about his toilet habits. Is it fairly normal or could there be something wrong? Everything looks ok (if you know what I mean!) but it's just a bit weird!

All the best,
Nicola.

PS. I actually think that he can't stay still for very long as he's always thinking about coming in! Can't blame him really - must be awful to keep going outside in all weathers to do your business!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
love Smudge's photos! I have seen other dogs doing the shuffling thing i think it is not uncommon but am no expert . Maybe he wants to keep his feet clean ! :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately our camera broke and we are busy researching camcorder / cameras at the moment so i only have my stills off my ordinary camera. But she is very gorgeous so will proudly show some off when i am sorted with a new camera.

G

·
0 Posts
pooing and peeing

not neat got to be biological powder mix with hot water and pour over patches you do not want to go will disguise the smell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts