Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a regular topic this :D
Both Layla and Jessie's poos have been a bit 'crumbly' recently. Not all the time, just now and again.

I changed their food about two months ago and have been mixing it in with their previous food for about a month. For the last month they have been on the new food only. It was and is dried food.

Any advice on why their poo should be like this?

Thanks in advance x

?

·
0 Posts
Has the new food got more fibre in it? And what happens if you slop some water on it before feeding them?

?

·
0 Posts
It just sounds like they are getting a bit dehydrated sometimes. Do they drink less on this new food, have you noticed?

I know some dry foods make them really thirsty (I presume they add salt to make them this way, so the dog drinks sufficient water to prevent kidney damage) and others less so. I think I'd be adding water to the food if they were mine, just in case they weren't getting enough.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
... I know this sounds silly, but I really wouldn't overthink ANYTHING to do with poo consistancy. Sloppy, tight, crumbly, dollopy.... we aren't the same from day to day and neither are our dogs :)

Save you a bit of headscratching.

Di xx

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
I have to say I don't worry too much about Poo consistency unless it has blood in it, is sloppy for more than a few days in a row or is an unusual colour.

I also tend to go by the dogs' appetite, is it normal, are they drinking normally and are they happy in themselves.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your replies :) . They are both eating well and are happy in themselves, so I will try adding water to their feed.
Last couple of days, poos have been fine, they may have been eating something else, that we hadn't got to first :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts