Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know our lovely Judy got diagnosed with ED about 6 or 7 years back.
This board was amazing, especially Luna Tuck, and she's still doing brilliant at 12 years old - avoided an op and clearly has arthritis but loving life.

Cooper joined us almost four years ago as a puppy.
He's had a bad couple of weeks - two weeks ago he was vomiting lots of blood, trip to emergency vet inconclusive. During his recovery he randomly started limping on his front legs which we thought was really odd as no walking. He threw up yellow bile middle of last week but seemed fine and vets said no panic.

Today he is extremely lame and seems to be both front legs.
Seems it's when he first gets up and then after about a dozen steps he's okay.
He's got callouses on his shoulders where he lays down.

I'm now beside myself with worry that he's got double ED..... keeping an eye on him and slow pace for next few days but I fear the worst.
What to do.... dig it out Coops... love ya little fella! :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
I'm so sorry to read about Cooper being poorly, let's hope it's just a glitch and because he's not been well in himself xx

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
Fingers crossed for him. It could well be nothing so try not to worry. (I know thats a futile thing to say because we always worry about them!!)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is Cooper? xx
Still not 100% -- he improved greatly yesterday and this morning we thought he'd be okay for a lead walk.
Unfortunately we had to cut that short as he started getting a bit ploddy 15 minutes into it.
We are going to take it VERY easy and see where we are on Monday morning, if still limping I think it'll be a job for the vets.
Stressing me out these last few weeks the little swine!!

Thanks for asking, much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts