Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
this is my first thread for burno (2 yr male)
lately he is been so aggressive , im writing this literaly with my arm bleeding from his current bite only because I showed him my hand.

sometimes he is very lovable and play a lot and sometime he growls .
from past few weeks his growls have turned into biting.

When he growls he squeeze his tail in and even give his hand to play, he is very fearful.

My dad has given me last warning to train him or we will give him away.
You are my last hope.

Please help.

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Showed him your hand?

Describe aggressive - what situation is he in when aggressive? other dogs? people?

What is happening when he growls?

Have you been to training classes with him?
Have you sought behaviourist help?

Please don't give him away unless it is to a proper labrador rescue. Whereabouts do you live in the country?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Showed him your hand?

Describe aggressive - what situation is he in when aggressive? other dogs? people?

What is happening when he growls?

Have you been to training classes with him?
Have you sought behaviourist help?

Please don't give him away unless it is to a labrador rescue. Whereabouts do you live in the country?
thank you for replying.

He is very fearful with other dogs since his childhood.
earlier he was v v v lovable with people bt now he greets them with big bark and growl than after some time he becomes okay and play with them.

showed hand as in, like you show hand to a kid , that ill slap u.
we very rarely hit him, almost never.

Very honestly , im having trouble affording a trainer.
IM from India and i have seen trainers hit dogs very badly to train.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
He tries to bite you before you manage to hit him because that's what he expects - he is reacting to aggression with aggression.

You really need expert help using force free methods but this will be expensive and possibly not so easy to find someone using kinder methods in India.

Meanwhile, use treats or toys to encourage good behaviour and to distract from bad behaviour rather then shouting and hitting. Try to build a better relationship with him and build his trust in you.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
As he isn't comfortable greeting people who come to the house then keep him in another room until the visitors are comfortably settled then maybe just open the door and let him wander in to say hello - if he wants to - on his own terms. The visitors are there for you and not him after all. Greeting times are always exciting for people naturally so a dog also picks up on that excitement.

You could eventually or alternatively give him a job to do when the visitors arrive eg: take this chew onto your bed out of the way. I give visitors to my house a toy to give my dogs. The dogs take the toy then waggledance their greeting rather than jump up, bark or any other scary behaviour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He tries to bite you before you manage to hit him because that's what he expects - he is reacting to aggression with aggression.

You really need expert help using force free methods but this will be expensive and possibly not so easy to find someone using kinder methods in India.

Meanwhile, use treats or toys to encourage good behaviour and to distract from bad behaviour rather then shouting and hitting. Try to build a better relationship with him and build his trust in you.

Good luck.
Thank you and your dogs look so adorbale.

Earlier there was a very nice bond between us but i left my house for 2 mnths for work purpose and he was with my mom and when i came back its not like before.

When i take him on walk if i release the leash he heads straight for home without even looking for me.

How can i win back his trust?
Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts