Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. had a much better night with her last night, she settled well in her crate and slept for 4hours,woke up for a wee at 3 am, went stright back in her crate and slept till 6 and had a wee and a poo then went back to sleep until roy got up for work then he stole hr out of the crate and played with her until 7.45 lol.. then she woke up at 9 and has not slept since..she is SUCHa livewire LOL.. anything and everything goes into that little mouth of hers and she has me running round like a yo yo lol.. I think I need eyes in the back of my head lol..even my kids are saying..mummm why did you get such a hyper puppy couldnt we have had a quieter one lol.. I just said welcome to the world of puppy hood LOL.
One thing thought,as soon as she has a poo she turns round and tries to eat it,so I have to swipe it away (great job :oops: lol) Angel never did this so its new,so All I am doing is saying no,is ther anything else I can do or will she stop in her own time anyway?.
I am so gld that we got her,she is hard work but oh so cute and casn be forgiven bery easily ;) lol.

Take care all..
Hazel x Angel x and Piper x

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
:lol: I know that feeling, and they sleep less as they get older - Corbie is now nearly 5 months old and he's still hyper pup! Am thinking maybe I should start eating his food as it may give me as much energy :lol:

·
Administrator
21,594 Posts
A little crushed Pineapple in with the puppy's food often helps. It makes the Stools taste nasty! I regulaly train in a deer park and think Deer mess is possibly the most attractive to dogs, closely followed by Rabbit droppings. When Anna was a puppy I had so much trouble with her and Deer droppings that finally one day I let her get on with it. She ate so much she made herself sick! She will still very occasionally make a grab for some, but by and large, the being sick almost finished the habit.

I always train my puppies to "Go" on the command "Be Quick!" Plenty of fuss comes immediatly they perform and it dosen't take long for it to start to have a meaning. The sooner you can praise him and call him away the better. For any praise to be assocated with any action it needs to be immediate. Timing is so important in any training.

Regards, John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John

I think i will get some pineapple when i go shopping tonight.

I am saying weewees and already she goes for a wee straight away pretty much,as soon as i let her out,and I praise her loads, and she is really good for doing her number 2's and I give her lots of praise and try to keep her busy with all the fuss with one hand whilst scooping up the poo with my other one lol.. thing is is that the little minx is so bl$$dy quick :lol: .

I will try the pineapple though and will let you know how it goes ;)

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts