Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dickie had an impromptu day off today, so as the weather was so nice, we decided to head for the coast with the girls.

We were a bit dubious, as Pickle's past record of car journeys have often resulted in a very messy/smelly boot, due to her stress pooing. However this last week I felt we had turned a corner, so we went for it, armed with all the cleaning equipment we'd need in an emergency :wink: .

Anyway, she settled very quickly in the car and slept nearly all the way (YAY) and no poos (Double YAY).

We parked up and let them all have a wee, before carrying Pickle, whining for England because it was "SOOO UNFAIR" that she wasn't allowed to walk with the Big Girls, all the way down to the Beach.:lol:

When we got there I let the girls off lead and put Pickle down. Mojo ran straight down to the sea and dived in......closely followed by Pickle 8O .....Straight in and UNDER, a wave went right over her head 8O 8O . I raced down and she was standing there all confused as to where all this water was coming from :lol: . She was a little more wary then, although she did have a little paddle after that, so it didn't put her off too much. :D

We then settled down on the beach to watch the big girls play, with Pickle just joining in occasionally. Oooo it was lovely to have all my girls at the seaside together :D :D .

After about an hour, of which Pickle spent most of on the blanket with me and about 20 mins fast asleep (when a pup's gotta sleep and pup's gotta sleep :lol:), we headed back to the car (Pickle didn't whinge about being carried that time) and went to get some Fish and Chips.

We took our lunch back to the park next to the seaside and had our lunch on a picnic table. The girls all had a bit of sausage and some batter; Pickle also had her lunch which I took with me. They do love a picnic, my girls :D . We then took three tired and happy dogs back to the car and they slept the whole way home.

What a smashing Monday. :D :D

Obigatory photos :wink:

And Video.... :lol:

<embed src="http://www.onetruemedia.com/share_view_player?p=95c33ca6c20285be8a98aa" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="408" height="382" wmode="transparent" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" flashvars="&p=95c33ca6c20285be8a98aa&skin_id=701&host=http://www.onetruemedia.com" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like you had a lovely day Jules and all the girls look like they had SO much fun!!

Lovely pics and video!

I notice you're from Essex too, can I ask what beach it was that you went to?

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Sounds like you have had a lovely day. :D
The girls all sound like they enjoyed them selves.
What a lovely name pickel, shes such a cutie!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Lovely pics and video Jules, you can see all 3 girls thoroughly enjoyed it, bet they`ll all sleep well tonight :D

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_anita_ said:
I notice you're from Essex too, can I ask what beach it was that you went to?
We went to Holland on Sea....Just along a bit from Clacton. We usually walk right along to the bigger "dogs allowed" beach but Pickle was so desperate to get down (and so heavy) we stopped a bit sooner; more or less as soon as we got the the bit where dogs are allowed.

If you go there, always check the tide times, as there is very little, if any, beach at high tide :wink: .

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
I think Pickles likes to 'be beside the seaside, beside the sea'!!!!

Lovely photos, but golly- has she ever grown! 8O

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
lovely pics :D

Nellie thinks it is most unfair that Pickle spends Monday at the beach while she has to go to the vets for a monday ear proddling again.

·
Premium Member
11,599 Posts
Happy dogs at the beach.They all looked as though they enjoyed the beach.As Becs has said hasn't Pickle grown. :) :)

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
OMG look at the size of Pickle 8O She is just gorgeous Jules and the Pood and Mojo are looking fab too :D

I used to go to Clacton-On-Sea as a small child with my mum and dad, not that I can actually remember anything about it :D :roll:

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pickle has grown a bit hasn't she :lol: . I keep telling her I'm going to wrap her up in bandages, like they used to Chinese girl's feet.....that or not feed her, then maybe she'll stay all little. :wink: :lol:

Mojo and Pood have been fast asleep since getting home but Pickle is Minxing about again now, having already recharged her batteries. :lol:

I might have to get my clicker out later, so the other two have some peace and quiet. 8)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Fba pics Jules, Pickle is almost the same size as the Pood now....lol. Looks like great fun was had by all your girlies.

Note to self...Alfie has to go to the beach before summers out...lol but i can assure you my piccies will be wellies and rain coats...lmao

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You obviously all had a fab time, now I want to take Marley!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts