Labradors Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have some of Pickle's littermates on here but I wondered if there were anymore relatives out there. Also I'm interested to hear more about the American and Canadian dogs Pickle has behind her, if anyone knows anything about them. :D

Sire
Holton Jupiter of Beauport

Dam
Shollamy Hope for Eternity

GPs
Viewswood Vagabond at Beauport
Holton Avril
Sidlow Osh' of Shollamy
Roytan Aglish at Shollamy

GGPs
Cleveling Crofter
Abbotsleigh Freiya at Viewswood
Can Ch Kisinana Honeybear
Holton Holly
Subar Smart Move
Lady Mulholland of Rocky River
Can Ch Kisinana Honeybear
Coneywarren Primrose of Roytan

GGPs
Ft Ch Pocklea Remus
Lucy of Hambrook of Cleveling
Wasp of Abbotsleigh
Pampas at Starcody and Abbotsleigh
Can Ch Davoegs Irish Gold
Wimberways Petsara Sola
Ch Code of Conduct at Lawnwoods
Subar Be Smart
Choctaw of Tartan Crest
Ali Gator of Rocky River
Can Ch Davoegs Irish Gold
Wimberways Petsara Sola
Ft Ch Aughacasla Sam of Drakeshead
Glen Bonnie of Coneywarren

GGGPs
Ft Ch Haretor Mark of Drakeshead
Ir Ft Ch Drakeshead Gypsy
Ft Ch Tibea Tosh
Superb Breeze
Shadey Jason of Abbotsleigh
Challenden Prima
Claytonholt Badger
Chad of Kenive
Am & Can Ch Monarch's Black Arrogance
Briary Marzipan
Can Ch Takkawan's Peter at Wimberways
Can Ch Wimberways Tincole Tisara
Follytower Sound of Music at Lawnwoods
Lawnwoods Ballerina
Balmurane Ice Warrior of Brentcalm
Holton Tamarisk
Lawnwoods Ballerina
Subar Boxing Brew
Subar Silk Braid
Brigadier of Tartan Crest
Rambling Rose of Tartan Crest
Paisley's Tucker
Ginny's Big Gulp of Tipperary
Am & Can Ch Monarch's Black Arrogance
Briary Marzipan
Can Ch Takkawan's Peter at Wimberways
Can Ch Wimberways Tincol Tisara
Ballyellery Adder
Ir Ft Ch Killerisk Hero
Morayglen Muskateer of Brackenbird
Mallowdale Hasty

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Well Jules I know a little about the Canadian Fox Red, but only because Trace has told me and sent me a picture :wink: .

On the working side you have Conneywarren which is a Norfolk breeder, and Ft Ch Pocklea Remus and Ft Ch Aughacasla Sam of Drakeshead who you must have seen on here loads of times.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi Jules, Sasha has Drakeshead Gypsy in her tree :) I think there's a heck of a lot of Labs have her in their pedigree. From what I can gather, from looking at lots of pedigrees, she only had two litter of pups - one with Haretor Mark and the other with Pocklington Glen. I may be wrong, but I have only ever seen those two dogs. I wonder if anyone has a photo of her, I've googled her lots of times but can't find anything. I suppose I could always ask Drakeshead, it's only a few miles from me. I'm into family trees and all that and have been doing my own for about 5 years now :oops: so I'm quite interested in Sasha's - well it keeps my mind occupied if nothing else :lol:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Indy has Drakeshead Gypsy, Haretor Mark of Drakeshead and also Pocklea Remus. I guess every Lab on these forums are related because of Haretor Mark and Pocklea Remus having sired so many litters!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ettinsmoor said:
Well Jules I know a little about the Canadian Fox Red, but only because Trace has told me and sent me a picture :wink: .
Oooo I'll have to ask Trace about him (or is it a Her?). :D

I know Pickle will be related to many via good old Pocklea Remus, he does seem to have got about a bit in the past :lol: ....... and also by the Drakeshead dogs. So she probably has many 2nd cousins, once removed out there :wink: . It's just that I haven't seen many pedigrees here with American or Canadian dogs in them and I wondered if there were any hiding out there.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Honeybear is a 'him' Jules and owned by Diana Evans of Kisinana Labs in East Sussex. I believe he has passed on now, could be wrong, but she lived out there for a while and made him up, then brought him home.

Di

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
jules these are the ones also in zaks pedigree, so does make us related ???

Ft Ch Pocklea Remus
Ft Ch Haretor Mark of Drakeshead
Ir Ft Ch Drakeshead Gypsy
Ft Ch Aughacasla Sam of Drakeshead

sheila and zak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
_sheila_ said:
jules these are the ones also in zaks pedigree, so does make us related ???
Yes it does Sheila :mrgreen:

But we were already related because Mojo has those in her pedigree too. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pickle's background - I can help you with her sire

Hi Jules

I see you want a bit more info on your Pickle’s forebears on her dad’s side.

Holton is probably one of the oldest Labrador affixes, still held by the same family. Jupiter was bred by Mrs Daphne Walter, and the Holton kennel was established in the 1930’s by her father Mr Maurice Gilliat. If you look at the articles regarding the history of the breed, on the LRC website you will see that Mr Gilliat was chairman of the LRC for a period and Holton was a show kennel that worked most of its dogs.

Probably the most famous of the Holton dogs was Ch Holton Baron, whose name and pedigree together with photographs is often found in books on the breed. During the 1950’s Baron was the breed record holder.

Pickle’s pedigree goes right back to Baron, who is her great*8 grandfather, and then back to the original Holton dogs from the 1930’s. Mrs Walter reckoned that Jup has 15 generations of Holtons behind him!!!

You will have seen the Lawnwoods dogs listed, this as you probably know is a major show kennel which dates back to 1950’s. Also included in Jup’s pedigree on his maternal side, is Zelstone Diver (sire of Holton Tamarisk), it’s the next generation off Pickle’s pedigree 5 generation one. Zelstone is another old affix, famous for its yellow Labradors mainly in the field, but some were also successfully shown. Mrs Radcliffe wrote an article for LRC (also on the website) for its centenary, on working her dogs since her first award in 1933!

The dog I see mentioned on the posts is Can Ch Kisinana Honeybear, who was bred by Mrs Diana Evans in Canada. Diana whose has been in the breed since the 1950’s, came back to this country in the early 1990’s with ‘Cubby’, and he is behind most of her current dogs (as well as being grandsire to two of mine). All of Diana’s dogs took part in Canadian working tests, which unlike those in the UK are not competitive, and when back in the UK they were worked on shoots and entered into working tests. Cubby was used by Penny Carpanini on Sh Ch Covetwood Elouise of Carpenny (the dam of Ch Carpenny Anchorman), and a dog from the litter was exported to Sweden and went on to produce two Swedish champions.

The post referring to the fox red Cubby grandson, is my yellow Kisinana Grenadier of Beauport, or as he is better known ‘the yellow peril’ or Teasel. Tease is my picking up dog and placed in the gamekeeper’s ring at Crufts 2007; and also the sire of Tracy’s Huni.

On the Jup’s paternal branch, his sire Vinnie (whom I sadly lost too young) was by Graham Robert’s Cleveling Crofter out of Abbotsleigh Freiya at Viewswood (Jade). Crofter was a lovely lab, and will be remembered by many trialers. Jade was bred by Sarah Coomber Smith, during the time when Sarah was breeding her bold shooting dogs (from Wasp of Abbotsleigh and Pluto of Abbotsleigh, not forgetting Sarah’s FT champions behind them!). Jade also had some show behind her; Claytonholt and Othamcourt are both show kennels which you will still see in the ring today. Abbotsleigh is another older trialling kennel, established in the 1940’s by Peter and Trish Hales, Sarah’s parents and still remains in the family. The affix is now held by Trish and Sarah, together with Sarah’s husband David Smith.

So you have a real mixture of field and show behind your pup, and I hope this helps you understand her background. Let me know if there is a specific Am/Can dog that you want info on, and I’ll see if I can dig deeper.

I m sure you will have a lot of fun with Pickle, and she gives you as much pleasure as her dad does me.

I understand from Tracy (Tjlab) that there are some other Jup-Hope pups on the forum, so good luck with all the youngsters.

Penny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Penny, I have Roxie who is one of Hope and Jupiters puppies. Thanks for the info , I will copy it and keep in Roxie's folder for future reference.

Beth

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh wow. Thanks for all the info Penny. :D How lovely to hear about her Sires side of her family tree. I shall print that all off to add to Pickle's folder too.

Pickle is shaping up to be a smashing little dog. So bright, willing and eager to please. So far she has been an absolute joy of a pup and I can only see her getting better and better with time. :D

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Alfie and Pickle share several Gt Gt Gt Grandparents on the Shollamy side:

Lawnwoods Ballerina
Subar Boxing Brew
Subar Silk Braid
Brigadier of Tartan Crest
Rambling Rose of Tartan Crest
Paisley's Tucker
Ginny's Big Gulp of Tipperary

So I guess they are cousins of some sort.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts