Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been back from my....5th i think (i've lost count now) trip to MTR 3 days and i feel i have to post about these beautiful lab girlies.

I was there when the girls came in, unloaded them from the van, bathed them, took pics, vaccinated etc.

Pic-nic was my fav along with pleasure. Pic-nic is around 7 years old, dear girl with a grey chinny and in need of care and good food. She was chosen a teddybear collar which was sooo fitting for her as she was like a bear, a bigger build but underweight. She is special.

Pleasure a black girl, the most frightened she barked at us from her cage in the van but was just scared. I had to carry her from the van to the bath as she wouldn't walk on the lead. She is a bit mixed up and i think she thinks shes at the rescue to just be mated and produce pups...she lets most of the lab girls hump her, flagging her tail.
A sweet girl who needs to learn about the good things in life.

Pickle when she arrived had some substance all along her back that had dried and was crusty, which came out in the bath. She is bouncy in her kennel, but worried about hugs and cuddles. She is soo like my Polly...i found it hard to see her everyday. A lovely girl just wanting to be loved.

Paris the yellow girl....sweet and loving wasn't fazed by horses walking past when i took her for a walk when she arrived. She is probably the happiest out of the bunch and waggy.

Passion a black working build girl, very very scared she lay flat on the floor when out of the van. Its going to take time and patience to gain her trust.

Posy very similar to Passion, very scared a sweet girl who will take time to gain her trust.

And the website so you can take a look at their pics: www.manytears.co.uk

I had a fab time working with the dogs there......especially being given the task of feeding Nestles puppies every day for a week and a half. They were scrummy apart from the poo and pee. Mr adventurer/Fatpup was my fav which is Nambo on the website. First out of the box to feed, first to hear my call of "puppies", first to investigate....i miss him! :(
Its the most fascinating thing to watch a litter of puppies develop if you have the slightest interest in behaviour.
I introduced them to the clicker just before i left...there are some pics on the site.

So if any of you lovely people think you can offer a home or foster home to the labs above or any other dog look at the website! :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Poor poor girls :( I do hope they can learn to trust again and go to their forever loving homes soon :), they so deserve to learn how life really should be :?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I saw these girls on the website a few days ago & fell in love with Picnic :)

They are all wonderful dogs & I just want to scoop them all up & make them better.

Well done you for helping out, it sounds like you had a great time :D

G

·
Just looking at that website has made me realise how lucky I was to have found Tracy, Marley's breeder.

I thought only puppy farms kept their dogs in such bad conditions, but obviously not.

I hope they find wonderful new homes, where they can learn about real life as a dog.

If only my house was a bit bigger!

Jayne

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Oops, I accidentally put an application in for Paris...

I'm just trying to get in touch with the rescue to discuss her, they called yesterday but I wasn't home. It's been constantly engaged since but I will keep trying :)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Milford_Cubicle said:
Oops, I accidentally put an application in for Paris...

I'm just trying to get in touch with the rescue to discuss her, they called yesterday but I wasn't home. It's been constantly engaged since but I will keep trying :)
Oh good luck with getting her. I took a shine to her yesterday whilst browsing the website... :D :D

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I'm not supposed to be getting a second dog until December, this is all LouLou's fault!!!

:wink:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Gah, I managed to get through and the lady on the phone agreed our set up sounds perfect and could even home check us with 24 hours notice but we're not able to get over there until next Friday at the earliest - they can only "hold" dogs for five days!!!!

She asked me to call back when I can get there within five days, so I shall call on Monday and hope that Paris hasn't been stolen from me!

(Nobody adopt her in the meantime!!! :p )

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Good luck getting Paris!

Stumbling across the many tears website was the one of the best things I ever did!

It's so sad to see those poor scared girls. I really hope they get loving homes soon.

Well done Linzi for doing good stuff at MTR again.

Rach

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not supposed to be getting a second dog until December, this is all LouLou's fault!!!
lol! December would be no good anyway because of all the xmas hectic stuff! soooooo now would be much better! :wink: :lol:

It would be sad for you to get your hopes up and Paris to be homed when you ring on monday sooo i'm keeping my fingers crossed ever so quietly!
I'm excited for you though i really hope shes yours! :D
Shes a lovely girl and you won't regret having an ex-breeder.
Keep me updated!!

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Fingers quietly crossed for Kendra here too!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Heh, I'm now considering a short break next weekend in Wales so we can spend a few days there. You're costing me a fortune!!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heh, I'm now considering a short break next weekend in Wales so we can spend a few days there. You're costing me a fortune!!
hehehehe!! :lol: Don't do it you'll be addicted like me!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Milford_Cubicle said:
Fingers and toes crossed for you getting Paris. :D :D

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Luna-tic said:
Fingers quietly crossed for Kendra here too!
Well, if we do go to Wales next weekend then we're likely to be passing by you so...stick the kettle on :D :wink:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Aghghghghghghghgh!!!!!

I checked the site today and Paris is marked as reserved. And so is Nestle.
Yay that they're being adopted, but boo I can't have either of them :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Milford_Cubicle said:
Aghghghghghghghgh!!!!!

I checked the site today and Paris is marked as reserved. And so is Nestle.
Yay that they're being adopted, but boo I can't have either of them :sad: :sad: :sad:
Oh how disappointing for you! Are you still paying a visit???

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry.....it's great that they have homes lined up but not good for you when you have your heart set :(

Sometimes the homes fall through though so don't lose all hope

1 - 20 of 27 Posts