Labradors Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly thanks all of you for your warm welcome to the forum. Sometimes I feel a bit silly about my feelings for Penny but it's great to know there are so many of us out there!

I've had no luck attaching a picture of Penny to my message but I have managed to put a few photos of her in the black labrador photos section. Hope you like them.

Penny is really great after all her ops. She really is full of life. We say that's she's the nosiest dog in the world. It must be wonderful to live in a world where everything is so interesting!!

Do any of you guys know if there is something particular about Clematis that is attractive to labs. We've recently had work done in our garden and Penny has now all but destroyed the second Clematis I've planted in a month. I planted a Honeysuckle right beside it and she's left that alone. Just wondered if anyone knew.

Great forum for lab lovers. Speak to you all again soon hopefully.

Trina

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi Trina

Lovely pics of Penny she looks so well after all her ops.

As for the clematis you are lucky if thta's all she is attracted to i don't have any flowers,plants,shrubs that Sox has not destroyed. :(

Margaret

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi trina

cute pics of penny as for your clematis..LOL..just like margaret says you are VERY lucky that is all she attacks..lol..my garden is full of holes and not one flower in site unless its my newly done bags which may i add are now so high up i need a ladder to water them thanks to my lovely lab rosze..lol.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Trina,

Penny is gorgeous - thanks for sharing her picture with us. I've added it here for everyone to see :

Penny

If you would like to attach a photo of Penny to your signature, just go into your profile, then signature. Copy the url/link of your photo, add
to the very end of the link. Make sure there are no spaces. Hope this helps.

With regard to Clematis - I have heard that clematis armandii are dangerous to dogs, have added a couple links here for you here on dangerous plants:

http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/index.php?id=1729&type=33

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=191&S=1&SourceID=6

http://www.angel-litemaltese.com/Poison.htm

I'm glad you are enjoying the forums, speak to you again soon.

All the best

Julie

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Trina

Penny is lovely! Glad he is better now.

Buster has eaten 6 Clematis 8O ( not the poisonous variety though) along with almost everything else! I've had to remove a couple of poisonous plants for his own safety.

Kev

·
Registered
880 Posts
he removed the rest for you did he?

richey used to dig up newly planted pots and the grass, that was it, once things were establised in the garden he wasnt interested, we told him NO if he looked like he was going to dig something up, that worked for me, I might have just been lucky tho!
Anna

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
WOW, after reading the links Julie put on I think those with dug up, holey and bare gardens are lucky ! At least their Labs will be safe........

Didn't realise how many things are so toxic to dogs, including everyday things like apples ! 8O

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi labrazil :)

Its amazing how you keep you garden looking so lovely, how do you manage it, as I'd like to know your secrets. :)

Like the photo, dog looks so relaxed. 8)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Colette

Glad you like the garden, we've just had it done, and we'll see how long it stays that way!!

Like Anna I made sure Penny was with me when I planted up the garden and when she took too much of an interest I just said NO. Unfortunately it didn't work with the Clematis. Everything else (so far, touch wood) is relatively unscathed.

Trina

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
flowers? grass? not on our bomb site :lol:
think im going to paint some flowers on the fence just to remind my self what they look like!

welcome to the forum. penny is gorgeous!

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Jane,

LOL, I have covered entire garden in peeples, save a bit of allowable digging area.

Positve side - ' pretties ' up the garden in absence of anything remotley alive................

Down side - half of it is carried in by fanny everytime she goes out !

I must be only one with a low maitance garden in my lounge 8O

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
rhoni,
i am sitting here with a nice assotment of stones paper and roots that his lord ship has brought in this morning :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Jane,

It's the squished bugs, slugs and nasties I hate ! Devil to scrape of floor :cry:

Also one of my birds fav pastimes is popping bubble wrap, He has taught this to Tilly and they fight over it now........Do you know how many tiny tiny pieces a Labrador can reduce a 8 x 6 piece of bubble wrap to 8O

1 - 18 of 18 Posts