Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wee soul has arrived in soggy South West Scotland, he has met Phoebe, Jazz, and Olly

Tomorrow he is heading further North, first to Perth (where he is visiting our son's student squalor flat), and then to Comrie where he is in for a real treat :wink:

Lucky old Phileas is going to spectate at the 2014 springer spaniel championship!! Olly is very jealous as his Dad (real one, not me) is competing and Phileas is getting to go but Olly isn't 8O 8O

True to form Phileas requested wine shortly after being unpacked, and is now wondering whether he should join the spaniel club (don't think the labrador forum are listed under recognised societies tho Phil?)

I will post more once we get back, then Phileas is coming for a weekend shift with me at work, and then he can explore the local area, Phoebe can't wait to show him the haunted house, we will keep him liberally topped up with wine, haggis etcetera! Finally, thanks very much to Jane, Frankie et al for packaging Phil up so well, and for the lovely shortbread which is shouting my name right now, Cheers

:D :D 8O :(

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phileas slept well overnight, no accidents, no howling, he has settled in remarkably well :lol:

He has eaten all his breakfast like a good un, and has had his teeth cleaned and his ears done too (he thinks ear cleaning is a step too far but if he wants to join the spaniel club he will just have to take that on the chin, it goes with the territory I'm afraid, spaniel's ears are mucky places).

He's ready to go for a walk with the dogs, and Olly has promised to let Phil help with Olly's sitting and retrieving exercises, we will get lefts, rights, go backs, and retrieving over obstacles nailed before onward transmission to the next member. Ha, ha, he thought he was coming here for a holiday, welcome to doggy boot camp 101 :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scatty said:
I need to see Phil in a kilt or I won't believe he's in Scotland ;) Perhaps next to you in your kilt Gav :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not likely :lol: I will get him to pose next to the welcome to Scotland sign.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
OOOOH!! A kilt!!! yes please!!!! 8)

DONT let him forget his thong!!!!! :wink:

Chel and Dilys xxx :)

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm pleased to report that Phileas has survived his visit to our son's student flat. We took the precaution of not eating or drinking anything, and washed ourselves in antiseptic afterwards. NO photos there :lol:

Phileas has taken in the first day of the springer spaniel championships at Dunira Estate, Comrie. I can wholeheartedly recommend that area to anyone fancying a Scottish break, it is jaw droppingly gorgeous, the weather helped too, a rare dry day. Phileas is fast asleep after his whistle stop tour of Tayside, he loved it but reckons it was a wee bit chilly for his liking. Only managed a couple of pics, I was concerned he may have been flushed, shot, and retrieved :wink:

Can you spot him?

Relaxing during the break for lunch :)

I think Phoebe has some plans for Phileas tomorrow, he had better get an early night, and check his life insurance is up to date :lol:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I second a vote for a kilt - Phileas was very impressed with hubby Stuart's! It's funny how happy he looks there, regardless of the cold temps. Scotland seems to bring out the best of folks, doesn't it?!

If Phil was anything like he was here, he'd have been in his element at your son's student digs! Being up to his knees in dirty dishes and smelly socks was his ardent desire and he said as much with such disdain when we failed to come up with the goods!

Hannah & Pepper (who drools every time Phileas' name is mentioned) xx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad Phineas is enjoying his time in Bonny Scotland. With all the training and trials, he's seen, he'll be fit to enter the labrador champs next year. :lol:

PS - hope Olly's dad got on well at the championships. :D

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rednell said:
PS - hope Olly's dad got on well at the championships. :D
Well he's made the cut so he is there for day 2. A dog hasn't won the flippin thing since 2001 so it's about time. All those little bitches with their speedy, wiggly actions are preferred by the judges it seems, c'mon the boys :lol: :lol: :D

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After yesterday's excitement, we are back down to earth with a bump, grocery shopping! The mundanity of life :(

Also, as people are starting to shout "fat Gav" at me in the streets my trolley is full of healthy, low calorie stuff, and no cakes or beer :cry:

Phil's making a list and checking it twice

What do you mean you don't have a pound for the trolley?

Trolley Dolly

Alarmingly Phileas absconded while I was checking expiry dates, his recall is appalling and no amount of whistling worked, guess where I tracked him down
:wink:

Your putting it away when we get home, I packed and paid, them's the rules

For such a well travelled dog, Phileas showed an alarming lack of maturity by refusing to jump into the car to head home. He insisted on having a shot on the kiddie's fire engine :roll:

I'm glad he likes emergency service vehicles, he's getting to spend a shift on a real live ambulance tomorrow :eek: watch this space :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts