Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i wrote on here last week as was a little concerned about button's saggy belly and some thought it may be due to phantom pregnancy as was a couple of months after her season, well they were right as she has milk!!

anyway, just a couple of questions, am i supposed to go to the vets with her at all or just leave her be, she seems absolutely fine in herself, a little of her food but ok.

also would the phantom make her attractive once again to dogs as when we were out walking this evening a male dog really was trying very hard to mount her!

G

·
I would only take her to the vets if she had any hot hard lumps in her mamory glands, as this could indicate Mastitis, which would need AB's to clear up. I check them daily with the flat of my hand and a little pressure....no rubbing as this can stimulate milk production. Other than that I usually cut their food down a little and up their exercise and this seems to dry up the milk over about a week or so.

And yes some of my girls have become "attractive" again to the boys, although not all of them. So I think it is down to the individual girl.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jules for all your replies to all my questions, you have been so helpful ;)

i have been checking her for heat and hard lumps and all seems to be fine there.

thank you x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.