Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
* * * * IMPORTANT NOTICE * * * *
Petlog have updated their website and in doing so have managed to "lose" certain information. When you transferred your pup's details over to your ownership from your breeder's you will have had to set up an account. You will now need to set up a new account (make sure you use the same email address) and check your dog's details (and your own) are on there and correct. There's the facility to notify them if your dog isn't listed or information is missing or incorrect.
Petlog | Welcome to the Petlog website

Reactions: JohnW and Maddie

·
Administrator
21,138 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a disgrace. It means that if your dog gets lost, and found by somebody and is scanned, that your name and address might not be linked to the microchip. I'm afraid that Petlog have proved that they cannot be trusted with the database.
DEFRA are looking into this and there is actually a petition on the government web site.

Create a single database of microchipped cats and dogs & make scanning mandatory - Petitions (parliament.uk)
In my case the only dog showing on my new account was a dog who went to his new home in 2015, none of my current dogs were on the account.They had also reverted my address and contact landline number to those from 2016, despite all the details being updated when I moved and in fact, 3 of the dogs were never registered at the old address because they weren't born then! I managed to get through to Petlog today, at the 32nd call and after waiting 35mins in the queue. Although my own dogs are now back on my account, the other dog is still there too. I've had to email his owner to ask them to check for themselves. It's a shambles.

·
Premium Member
8,931 Posts
Signed

We just have one database here.

·
Administrator
21,138 Posts
It really is disgraceful. We rely on these people and pay for the service. I've no doubt there are lost dogs out there who could have been returned to their owners were in not for Pet Log's incompetence.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi after reading this I logged into my account but had to change my password. After doing that, I found the correct information for Ace, my black Labrador, and my details.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is a disgrace. It means that if your dog gets lost, and found by somebody and is scanned, that your name and address might not be linked to the microchip. I'm afraid that Petlog have proved that they cannot be trusted with the database.
DEFRA are looking into this and there is actually a petition on the government web site.

Create a single database of microchipped cats and dogs & make scanning mandatory - Petitions (parliament.uk)
Hi John, signed petition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts