Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

As many members will know, Pet Insurance is essential. There are a lot of choices out there though so who do you favour?

We use PetPlan for Smudge. Whilst it appears to be one of the most expensive, I have heard very good things about them and the speed that they deal with claims. Their cover also seems very comprehensive.

Have attached a poll. Sorry if I've missed any!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Nic,

Lucky guys..... we sadly have no pet insurance out here in India...all at our cost..... But worth it.....

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Hi,

I'm with More Than and have been since i got Bailey. I've found that they are reasonably priced and the one time i have needed them (although for about 10 weeks!!) they didn't quibble at all and paid very quickly :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
I too have been searching for insurance for my pup - I have been recommended M & S insurance which when I obtained a quote did seem very competitive and also did not have the 12 month max payout period that some policies have - as Lucca comes complete with insurance through the Kennel Club for 6 weeks, I still have some time to investigate - I will therefore be watching this post for your recommendations very carefully. :D
Sarah

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Pet Plan for Shadow - they have been fantastic and normal settle each of his claims withing 5 days either to us or direct to our vets. they are still paying out nearly 7 years after the initial claim and it has probably cost them 0ver £5000, by now. Can't speak highly enough of them!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Direct line is a very Good Policy to have they even cover the animal through pregnacy
put i do pay £42 a month for 3 dogs :)
but i have unlimted cover and its for the life of the dog not just for 12 months of the medical condtion been found
upto now i have never made a claim touch wood
:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
We use PetPlan and so far so good, when Ozzy jumped out of my sister in laws 1st floor window, to get to her kids playing in the garden (whilst she was babysitting him), he had to have xrays, over night stay and day stay, drip, pain relief etc etc (nothing broken miraculously, he was only 6 months and must have still been rubbery!) it cost a fortune and we had the cheque within the week; And they offer life over rather than cover only up to a fix monetry amount.

Vicki

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I have no Pet Insurance in france but used both Tesco and Direct Line in the UK. Both paid up equally well. Vets bills are miniscule compared to the UK eg annual vaccinations inc rabies €35. Ultrasound, bloodtest, 2 jabs for D & V and 3 lots of oral meds for D & V came to only €47.

Gotta go now - impatient labbie squeeling at the back door for her mummy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi - We are with Tesco - though have been advised to change. We had to use an emergency vet as we thought Archie had swallowed something and got it stuck - although he only had a cough thank goodness - but we were advised there to think about changing to petplan. Although they do appear to be a lot more expensive your pet is covered for life - whereas with Tesco they are only covered for 12 months after. We are waiting for the vets/Tesco to deal with our claim now and then will probably change as have heard very good things about them since.

S

·
0 Posts
E & L for my sins - but would never ever use them again. Next dog I have will be insured with Petplan for sure.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Ben is covered by Pet Plan, and I wouldn't use anyone else. They have been brilliant, I recently had a bill of £1,459 and it was paid by them within 4 days.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently just joined with More than. I pay £11.29 for emma a month and I'm sure it'll be worth it. A WORD OF WARNING TO SUPERMARKET INSURERS - My cousin is a vetainary assistant and she has told me to keep clear of these. For one they are only 12 month pay out and realistically this is not sufficient if you lab develops hip dipsplacia(spelling.oops). I am happy with more than & highly recommend then to others. Pet plan also sound v good but very expensive. I'm getting the saem cover for £12 and they wanted £22. Not heard a bad comment about M&S though.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Hi

I use M & S and found them great, i had to claim even though i had only joined 3 weeks previuos and they paid up within 3 weeks of recieving the claim form. i have no complaints plus its a no excess policy so its worth claiming for any amount !

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i put a similar post up before we got bailey and nearly everyone said M & S. we have about 2 weeks left of baileys free KC insurance, so am reading with great interest. has anyone stayed with KC insurance?

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
insurance

m & s here too heard alot of good things about them n have no excess not had a claim yet n hopefully wont but others have n say they are quick to pay out i phoned for a claim form just incase n arrived next morning

·
Super Moderator
15,716 Posts
We too use M&S and claimed £90 for Charlie's hip x-rays. The first claim takes a while longer than following claims as they need medical notes from the vets to make sure your dog didn't already have any problems/illnesses.

We have a now excess policy which costs £121 per year. It covers up to £7000 per year plus £750 for alternative therapy if recommended by the vet.

We should see just how good they are soon as IF Charlie does need hip replacements it's £4000 per hip!!!!!!!!!

Wendy and Charlie

1 - 20 of 42 Posts