Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

We're slowly getting everything ready for our new puppy amber's arrival, so i thought i'd ask if there is any insurance that the forum members would recomend and/or endorse?

This is our first dog together so it's new teritory for us and i don't really want to end up with the wrong insurance or a company that'll charge us an arm and a leg in the long run! (my mum and dad have been stung lately :( )

Thanks

Ad & Chez

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Just avoid E&L or any of their associates as there are countless bad reports online about them not paying out!

With most vets now Pet PLan is the only company whereby they claim without you having to pay upfront (you should get 6 weeks free insurance with Pet Plan from your breeder), and if you are with other insurance companies you have to pay the vets then claim back the costs yourself (I think I've put that correctly!).

I'm with Direct Line as they were £10 cheaper than Pet Plan, offering me the equivalent cover, and recommended by lots of other dog owners. Some also recommend Marks & Spencer.

Make sure the policy covers a life time of insurance, but get the right policy that suits you.

I'm sure others can add more info, but hope that helps :D .

·
Registered
880 Posts
i agree, a policy that covers long term illnesses, alternative therapies and behaviorist treatment is wise.
anna

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

I use Pet plan, and I personally would recommend them. My vets said they are the ONLY insurance company they will allow you treatment and to claim direct from pet plan so I did'nt have to pay up front. I had to claim back soon vet bill recently as I didn't know they allowed payment directly from my insurers and pet plan sent me payment direct within 4 working days.

I "think" Pet Plan offer one months free cover anyway.Hope you find a insurance company to suit your pup's needs. Good luck :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Ad & Chez
We have PetPlan coverage for Ozzy and have no trouble at all with them. They have various different policies that you can take out depending on your circumstances. We went with them because of their lifetime coverage which covers any long term problems that might occur. They are not the cheapest around but they do give us peace of mind which is comforting when you have a dog like Ozzy!!
Let us know what you decide.

Andy, Vicki and Ozzy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help. We will shop around and def get a quote from Pet Plan.

Will keep you all posted.

Chez

1 - 6 of 6 Posts