Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every night for the past week or so Pepper has gone out at 10 pm for a last gallop round the two acre paddock before going into his kennel for the night.

Each night he has retrieved a hedgehog and tonight I took the camera with me just to prove it. Its not a great photo but it was pitch dark and he was coming towards me at quite a pace.

No doubt it will be waddling off now, ready for a repeat performance tomorrow night :roll:

A

·
0 Posts
Ouch! Does he not get all the prickles in his mouth! 8O :lol:

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Just as well you don't have a decorative pond in your garden, that's all I'm saying :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Lovely to see your gorgeous boy Jill, amazing the hedgehog does not hurt Pepper's mount and the hedgehog lives to waddle another night, until Pepper brings him to you again :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
V impressive - amazed you got a photo at all - I would have been backing off rapidly with all those prickles being brought to me at full pelt!

Hedgehogs have been responsible for the digging up of our garden: they don't do it, but the dogs do! Ours don't retrieve them, but scratch round them as the poor things curl up into a ball, sending turf flying. I can always tell if there are hedgehogs around when I let the dogs out last thing: there's a high pitched bark which is reserved just for them!

·
Registered
995 Posts
" Mrs Tiggywinkle was not inclined to believe her spouse when he swore blind he hadn't been to the Dog & Pheasant whilst out on his 'evening constitutional'. Mr Tiggywinkle had a few tall tales to tell when he got back...."

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
:lol: it must take the poor hog ages to waddle back down your paddock to get back to where he started! :lol:

or maybe pepper just saves him a walk each night on the way home! :lol:

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
FLEAAAAAS !!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant Jill - feel sorry for his mouth though with all those prickles....

Eve Neo and Bramble

?

·
0 Posts
Ettinsmoor said:
Yes folks it does make his mouth bleed but he still keeps doing it 8O 8O 8O :D .
Not the brightest bulb in the pack then, eh Jill. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I love Hedgehogs and miss seeing them trudling about these days.

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well John I'm not sure Andrew would agree on that one!!

Jules - we are not allowed to have bright light bulbs anymore are we? :? :D

?

·
0 Posts
Ettinsmoor said:
Jules - we are not allowed to have bright light bulbs anymore are we? :? :D
This is true Jill, so actually Pepper isn't a Fox Red Lab, he's a "Green" one. :wink: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts