Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And i'm obviously a little worried, afterall it's major surgery under a GA!

And being a dozy old so&so I've also warned Pepper, who's only worry will be that she'll have to skip breakfast!

As I mentioned months ago, Pepper will have the laparoscopic procedure. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone this route?

Looking for tips and experiences...

Thanks, Hannah & Pepper xx

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Hope all goes well. For our girlies the worst part was skipping breakfast. It is a long day tho when they are at the vets, keep yourself busy and she will be back needing loads of TLC before you know it :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
No experience with spraying but Bruce went under a ga a couple of months ago and after we brought him home he was very restless and crying for a couple of days to the extent that I had to sleep downstairs for a couple of nights . He also seemed to be really confused and disorientated . Apparently this can be quite common after a ga and I just thought I would mention it as if someone hadn't warned me I would have been quite worried . Good luck Pepper

Claire x

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Aww hope Pepper goes on ok- im sure she will be fine!
Roxy was done a few years ago now, she was a little out of sorts when we got her home but the morning after she was back to her normal self.
Its amazing how quickly they get over something like that!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Aw hope it goes well.

You might want to message Nicola (Maddie) as I think her girlies underwent the same procedure - it is commonly done in France.

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Keyhole spaying is apparently much less invasive and leads to a much quicker recovery. I think the people who have had it done this way have been quite happy with their decision.

Coco was a bit drunk looking when she first came home and still sleepy for a good 24 hours afterwards but otherwise fine. Some dogs cry and whine for a day or two afterwards but Coco didn't.

She will soon be home again and in a few days time she won't even know that she has been in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let us know how it goes and good luck pepper. Lola's first season ended christmas eve and 1st birthday this Saturday so i have to make that phone call to the vet for her spey! I will definately ask about the same option that Pepper is having. Best wishes Steff, Buster & Lola xxx

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hope all goes well - I'm sure it will. As you say missing a meal is the hardest part!

Does what you've described mean that Pepper is only having her ovaries removed, not uterus? I've been offered that by my vet. He's been over the pros and cons of both options and said it's up to me. I've got a while to wait as I'm going to let Molly have one season first.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kaynine said:
Hope all goes well - I'm sure it will. As you say missing a meal is the hardest part!

Does what you've described mean that Pepper is only having her ovaries removed, not uterus? I've been offered that by my vet. He's been over the pros and cons of both options and said it's up to me. I've got a while to wait as I'm going to let Molly have one season first.
Hi Kaynine,

The vet had a chat with my husband today (he will be the one doing the procedure). Anyway he is planning to make 3 small incisions, so I'm thinking he'll take it all out. But I'll ask him in the morning, before the procedure. I'll keep you posted!

Hannah & Pepper xx

·
Registered
315 Posts
Awww lots of love and fuss for her, and make sure you do something whilst its being done, my hubby had to take me shopping for the day i was that upset about leaving Burt lol, but then i am a complete softy when it comes to him

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hope it all goes well tomorrow for Pepper, and for you.

We have that coming up too, in a couple of months. Not looking forward to it but have to think - no more seasons to deal with :D

All the best, Stephanie & Tarka

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
We too hope that everything go's well tomorrow, it's only natural to be worried, i was when Toby had his jewels removed, but i'm sure all will be well.
Fingers and paws crossed here and we will be thinking of you and looking out for a good update.
Take care.
Gary and Toby xx

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Just wanted to say we are thinking of you and Pepper, it will be hard for a couple of days but soon over.

Mandy

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I'll be thinking of You and Pepper xxx

Just try to think --- Pepper Hasn't got a clue what is happening!!!! --- Hey Mom how do you spell hysterectomy?? wotisit??

Many years ago, Cassie was very wobbly and needed sympathy, but didn't need a head collar and never touched the stitches.

Then Sophie, marched out of the vets as if nothing had happened, she didn't have a head collar either.

Then ME!! Over 20 years ago!! I new what was happening and why, but then just wanted to get out of bed after I was over the anesthetic, had a BEST sandwich (honest!!) and then "snukk off for a ***"!!!

Take Care, it will all be OK xxx

Chel and Dilys xxx

1 - 20 of 33 Posts