Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been having a lovely time over at the river with Corbie. He had fun lots of fun - photos will be on another thread :wink:

I noticed him limping on his back right leg as he got out of the water and had a look. He's managed a nasty scrape on his large pad :roll:

He did similar on one of his front pads the first day of our walking holiday last year, so I bought some self-adhesive bandage wrap for his first aid kit in case he did it again.... I'm now threatening him with it... it's day-glo pink :lol: :lol:

We wanted to get out walking this weekend as its the first one in four that I've been feeling ok since the flu... I think he may well have to suffer the humiliation :lol:

Just taken this photo of it while he was snoozing!

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Poor Corbs, I think that da-glo pink might just help cheer him up!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

G

·
Aww poor Corbie! Get well soon!!

I say go with the pink too! Can you get that for people? I'd like some! :wink: :lol:

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
da-glo pink could def do the trick :lol: get well poorly paw vibes from us x

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be sure to get a photo of him if it comes down to the day-glo bandage :lol: It'll stop it getting sore on walks, so I'm going to let it air today and think about it tomorrow... he'll hate me lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
Awww, I hope it heals quickly! Poor limpy Corbie.
One of Buddy's bandages for his broken toe was bright pink and that one was definitely his favourite! :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Owie that looks sore for him poor Corbie, better make sure you go up a mountain where no one else will be tomnorrow, so you don`t ruin his street cred with the dayglo pink bandage :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the vibes. OH said I should bandage it overnight to stop him licking it and making it even more sore.

At least we're not on holiday this time! :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update this morning.

Corbie still has a v sore pad :( Poor pup.

I tried to test him with bandage last night but he wasn't very happy at all and wouldn't even stand up on it! I think it's best it gets the air to it anyway to help dry it up again.

So I don't think Corbie will be having much of a walkies this weekend, and we'd planned a lovely one too :(

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No walkies for Corbie today... although not sure he will like that :lol:

His paw is healing, but when I have been taking him out for a short walk around the village I have to bandage it up to stop it getting hurt any more than it is and also to keep it clean.

On Saturday I left the bandage on after the walk on so he wouldn't lick it, but when he got up he started to pant in a stressed manner. I took it off straightaway and he was fine.

I decided to only put the bandage on when we went out for a walk and then take it straight off afterwards. It would also help the air get to it. Unfortunately, as soon as I took the bandage off Corbie would lick it to the point of making it sore again :roll:

So today, he's grounded :lol: When it happened before on holiday a day of no walks on the day we came home made all the difference, so hoping it will do the same today.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Awww poor Corbie - hope he is on the mend soon.

Hopey had to have a BLUE bandage (albeit only for a few minutes) after one of her premate tests - you would swear coming out of the vets she had had major surgery :lol:

Hope says if she can have boy blue, then girlie pink is fine for him :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hope says if she can have boy blue, then girlie pink is fine for him
:lol: I have a photo of him I took on Saturday wearing his girlie pink bandage (doesn't show just how day-glo pink it is in this photo)... by the look on his face, I don't think he'd agree :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts