Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fello lurkers

I give my dogs garlic capsules to help protect them against fleas and generally keep them in good condition. Have been giving them since they were pups to give them every chance of building up there immunity. :)

I also give them cloved garlic some times to act as a wormer, but I still give them Drontal plus for large breed dogs, which I have recently found out about, and also makes it easier to administer to an adult dog. :D

Where do you go to buy them, I do not go to my vet any more for this sort of thing. I get them from one of two companys that save you a small fortune. If any of you are also interested in buy yours this way the web site pages I will list. 20 tablets @ 33.50 ....thats (

pound notes )

I buy mine in bulk, one way of saving, which I m all for :lol:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Clair

I get them from the vets as well, 6 months supply of Frontline was £24 and Drontal was £4.80 for 2 tabs last time,not bad really. :)

It's always useful to have websites to refer to in case you are getting ripped off :wink:

Kev

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi kev and clair,

I go to these web sites because I think that the vets are trying to rip you off, so I dont go to them unless I absolutely have too.

Here's an example, Ellie was playing in the garden 2 weeks ago and I noticed one of her eyes was showing signs of having some thing wrong with it, so I kept an eye on it for a day or too, and then took her to the vet, who charged me £10 consultation fee and £12 for some eye drops which I had the teadious job of administrating in one of the eyes for a week. It has cleared up now , but I'm certain that the vets charge more than they really have too, so I will still buy. my dog needs from places like vet-medic and hyperdrug. , and buy things like wormers.

This is a sticky subject so I am going to do my research.lol :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
hi collette...

we don't get doggie garlic cap here ...can the ones for human do....or can i give him cooked garlic as i have doubts he'd eat them raw...

thanks

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Vhydia be careful with the garlic cos it can be poisonous,I think the capsules are differant to fresh Garlic, Collete will be able to advise you better.

Collete,exactly! I took Buster to the vets with conjunctivitis the other week and it cost £26 for consulation and drops.( I put the drops in when he was asleep,it was the only way I could do it!) If I knew for certain what what the problem was and what I needed, I too would buy off the net.But it's a case of being safe than sorry so it's the vets for me everytime.

Kev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts