Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

At long last I am pleased to confirm that I will be running the ‘Paint your Pooch’ Competition as a special event for all your children.

Even if you are unable to attend the Get Together, your children are still invited to participate. If you can't make it all you need to do is send your childs painting/portrait to the following address, along with your 50p entry fee.
(Which goes to charity)

Address: Fuzion Concepts Ltd
483 Green Lanes
London
N13 4BS

If you are coming to the Get Together, then you can bring the painting/portrait along with you, and I will collect it then.

Here are the details for the competition itself. :)

Firstly, the competition will be split into two age groups - under 6's and under 13's. This is to allow for the varying talent levels of your little ones.

There will be a small entry fee of 50p per child, the proceeds of which will go to one of our designated charities.

Prizes will be awarded to those who come 1st 2nd and 3rd, with all entrants receiving 'a little something', so everyone will be a winner in some way or another :)

Now, on to the nitty gritty (Terms and Conditions in the proper meaning lol).... :lol:

1) All pictures need to be on A4 sized paper or card, and can be of any colour.

2) Pictures can be made using whatever materials your child wishes - it doesn't have to be paint!!! For example, they could make a collage. They can be as creative as they like. The only thing they can't use for the final product is a computer i.e. they can use one for ideas and materials, but the final portrait should not be produced on a computer and printed out.

3) Please ensure that the child's name and age is printed on the back of their pictures.

4) As the results are to be announced at 16:00pm, the closing time for entries will be 13:00pm on the day.

I'd really be grateful if you could let me know if your children would like to take part. I need a rough idea of numbers, ages and whether they are boys or girls, as I am organising the goodies for all the entrants and don't want to end up with too many (or indeed not enough!) All you need to do is reply to this thread. :wink:

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any queries. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing about your little Van Goghs!!

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Anthea :)

This is a great idea!!

I'll try and get both mine to enter - so I'll let you know later when I've checked :lol:

Fay :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Anthea,

Can't wait to see all those lovely pics!

Thanks for helping and organising it, it's much appreciated.

Best Wishes

Julie

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Anthea :)

Thought I'd posted this last night, obviously not :lol:

I've check with my 2 and Jade (whos 9) would love to do it, but I didnt think about Jordan, he'll be 13 by then - so too old.

Best wishes

Fay

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Antheawad,

Just a thought, as on painting subject. is it worth asking if any members ( or relatives ! ) do face painting? :p

A perfect way to raise extra cash for charities and maybe the children could have ' their dog ' face painted on them.! Just a thought :idea:

I would offer but am only good at 10 x 8 ft walls in magnolia !..............and ceilings at a push! :oops:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Rhoni,

We are going to be doing face painting yes - i used to be a kids entertainer funnily enough so will be able to get my paintbox out again! lol. Also, lablover - Jenny has done some in the past and has offered...i think she might still be able to help out.

Anyone else that can face paint we would love to have you join us of course!

I thought maybe we could do some before the waddle and the toddle, maybe paint faces to look like their labs??

Or anything they like of course! :D

It'll be fun!

Regards,

Julie

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Julie,

Great !

Should you need a wall painting magnolia in ya motorhome during the weekend..............then I'm ya gal ! :p

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Fellow Artists!

If you're coming to the Get Together and you have children, don't forget to sign them up for this brilliant competition. 8)

Time to get the crayons, paint brushes and paper out. :wink:

Have fun!

Julie

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys

I'd like to re-iterate Julie's reminder about the Paint your Pooch Competition.

We've organised some lovely prizes, so do try and get the kids to take part. It'll keep them out of your hair for a while too!!

Don't be afraid to have a go kids!!

Well done Jade for having completed her entry already!!

I look forward to hearing of more entrants :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Everyone,

We need your support. :) :wink:

We have now opened the 'Paint Your Pooch' competition up to all your children, even if you are unable to make it to the Get Together.

We have edited the original post on this thread with all the necessary details.

We would be really grateful if you could ask your children/relatives children etc etc if they would like to participate.

Can't wait to see all the portraits of all the labs we hear so much about ....please don't forget to reply to this thread, and let us know if your child will be participating.

Thanks all.

All the best for now,

Julie & Anthea

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi

We cant come to the Get Together but Callum (5 now thank goodness- that was a birthday party i was glad to be done with 8O :D ) would love to do a picture.

Might send in one from Evie (nearly 3) as anything he does she HAS to do to... but i wouldnt expect this to look anything like a dog.. or any animal come to that! Will sludgy brown and black blobs of paint do??? Very artistic sludgy blobs of course!! :lol:

Shelley

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Shelley,

Brilliant - Anthea will be pleased to have some more participants :D

Hope little Callum & Evie have fun drawing/painting their pics.... can't wait to see them.

All the best

Julie

·
Registered
16 Posts
paint

Hi,

I am sure my son Dylan will have a go at a painting of Sophie. He will have just turned eight.

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
55 Posts
My little boy will have a go but he's only just 2 so not sure it will look much like a dog! My little girl is 20 weeks old so erm she won't be entering!
We will bring it with us on the day

1 - 20 of 29 Posts