Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
After months of dithering I finally decided to get a second black lab.
Max came to us last saturday from a good working dog breeder in huddersfield.
Paddy (10 months) has not been fazed at all by this nine week old interloper, who came in sniffed paddy's food bowl, then promptly curled up in paddy's favorite spot.
They have become good friends with Paddy following the new pup around, keeping him out of trouble etc.
I think Max is going to be more of a handful than paddy, as he is always chewing everything and generally looking for mischief.
His favorite thing seems to be waiting for paddy to go asleep then attacking his ears from behind. He is none to gentle either 8O .
I am trying to sort some piccies of them both together, which hopefully I can post here.
Meanwhile its back to cleaning up little messes on the kitchen floor :roll:
Regards
BN

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition! Good luck with those piccies.... I think we have about 2 of the girls together when we brought Emma home. The rest were a big bulr! :lol:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Congratulations would love to get a chocolate bitch for a playmate for Dylan,but too much going on at the moment with him,maybe we will see you about do you go to Eastham or roydon park?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again.
Thanks for the congrats.
Yes we visit both Eastham and royden park, but mainly Eastham as we live in bebington.
I usually park by the rugby club, walk through the woods then on to the big playing fields. Maybe we,ll see you their one day, although Max obviously isn't allowed out yet, just had his first inoculation.

Paddy and I are in Eastham most afternoons, the big field is good for training as long as their aren't too many other dogs about.

Max is doing very well with his house training, already going outside to toilet during the day, as long as the door isleft open, otherwise he just goes back into the kitchen onto the paper.
Paddy seems to know whats going on, he grabs a toy so that Max will follow him outside, Funny to watch them interacting. I wish I had got a second one sooner.
Bye for now.
BN

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi Paddylab,I live in Great Sutton so we are not that far apart,Dylan has'nt been for a run for ages but were off to frodsham to see the orthopedic surgeon for x-rays to-morrow hopefully she will say let him run,I hope she doe'snt want to do the other elbow straight away,i think he needs to let off steam before being laid up again,hopefully in a few weeks we might bump into each other and the boys can play.Lynne.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Lynne
Hope all is well with Dylan when he visits the docs,
They need a good run to get rid of all that energy, I know Paddy lays on the nat heaving big sighs if he feels he has missed out on a walk.
Look forward to meeting you all sometime in the coming weeks
regards
Brian

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Brian,great news about Dylan,the surgeon was really pleased with him,everything seems ok and the mobility is greatley improved in the elbow he has had done and the other one.She said he was not just using one elbow but now using both as the right one got better,but still only lead walking for another 2 weeks then let him off a few minutes a day hopefully he will come back and not decide to run all the way to chester or something daft.I do have to do physio with him twice a day,anyway we will have to get the dogs to-gether in a few weeks,will look forward to it.Lynne.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent news Lynne :D
Dylan will be so made up to have a good run, look forward to meeting you both.
Max is due his second injection tomorrow (tuesday) then he will be allowed out two weeks after that. I can't wait, he's wrecking the house at the moment, Paddy disappears upstairs for a bit of peace and quiet.
Luckily we have a large garden where they can run around together but whenever we take paddy out for a walk, Max cries his head off.
Best regards
Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts