Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Paddy, our 4 year old labrador's back right leg appears to be stiff. He can walk/ run ok but we're noticing more and more there appears to be a problem, there is also a slight limp especially when he gets up. As it's bank holiday weekend our vets is now closed until Tuesday. He's also a bit sad looking :( . I've checked out his leg and can't see/ feel anything untowards.

Can anyone advise me whether we should be holding off/ reducing his walks until Tuesday? I don't want to make it worse for him but I know he just adores his walks - he gets 2 x 1hr walks per day.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kathy

G

·
I'd probably reduce his walks to maybe 2 x 20-30 mins and see how he goes. Then get the vet to check him out once they are open.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets hope it's nothing too serious

Thanks for the reply, we'll cut his walks down until Tuesday. I'm just hoping it isn't something like the start of hip problems, does anyone know if there any way of telling?

Kathy

G

·
I don't think there is anyway of knowing at this stage. HD usually makes itself known before the dog has finished growing, however if it is only really mild, then the dog may never go lame until there are some Arthritic changes. That said, It is mostly likely to be just a sprain. Maybe he twisted it while hoolying about and now it is a bit sore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts