Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some disgusting looking chew stuff on sale in some pet stores that goes under the name of "Paddy Whack" . I tried Harvey with some and he loves it!

Although I will be probably be better off not knowing exactly WHAT it is :lol: I would like to know if it is something that can be safely given or whether it is a no no

Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Nigel,

It sounds lovely - if you're a dog.. lol.

i've done a search for it, and can't find it anywhere..my search just keeps bringing the the nusery rhyme, nick nack paddy whack!

Maybe someone else will have heard of it...where do they sell it?

How's Harvey doing?

Hope you are both getting along ok.

Bye for now,

Julie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i used to buy it from tesco for my Harvey but it makes him sick! not to sure what its make from should say on the packet :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like you Julie I have had no luck googling for it, in case your curious it looks like this:

Appetising eh? :lol: .... its obviously a rendered meat by- product of some kind but as I have only seen it sold loose Ive not been able to ascertain exactly what it is . I did wonder if its similar to "ahem" bully sticks! :roll: .. it seems harmless enough though, dosent appear to have been overly processed or smoked, dosent splinter like some bones nor is it indigestably tough like rawhide. Ironic thing is, Harv seems to have lost his enthusiasm for it a bit recently (which probably means it is healthy, as they always seem to go for what isnt good for them!, rather a human trait i always think :lol: )

Harvey is doing just great thank you .. just started teething I think, been rubbing his jaws on the ground a lot recently. expecting to find discarded puppy teeth any time soon! :lol:

Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
498 Posts
We bought a couple of bags of this for Brady, but stopped giving it to him after reading all the warnings about rawhide products. It doesn't say on the packet exactly what it is, but it appears to be some sort of pork byproduct (it smells a bit like pork scratchings anyway :? )

I did watch Brady carefully when he had pieces of this, because it was quite hard and I was worried about him swallowing big chunks of it. In the end he got a piece stuck in the roof of his mouth and panicked, so I thought it best to revert to puppy Markies and mini Bonios as a means of bribery :lol:

We also gave him a sterilised bone today, which kept him occupied for ages. Now I know what to do when I need a bit of peace and quiet!

Would be interested to hear what others think about Paddy Whack tho, because Brady loved it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi

Poppy loves them too, which doesn't say much cos she'd eat anything. I'm a bit wary of giving them to her in case she swallows a big lump. I don't give her rawhide chews, pigs ears and snouts or that sort of stuff because I've heard so many horror stories about them. She gets her chicken wings or sometimes ribs for dinner so don't feel too guilty. To keep her occupied she has a Buster cube or stuffed Kong

Rosie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts