Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A bit last-minute I know, so I understand if people can't make it short notice. And Sharon, I know you've got netball so Carley can't make it. But for anybody else...

A friend of mine from work and I are going to do a 5 mile walk at Avebury on Saturday in celebration of Ozzie's birthday. We're meeting at 2pm in the main tourist carpark at Avebury.

Anyone want to join us? We should be done by 4.30pm or so, and will probably have a bite to eat after the walk to celebrate Ozzie turning the ripe old age of 3 :)

Cheers

Ness

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I thought I would bunp this up just in case anyone else is on for a good walk in Wiltshire tomorrow.

Ness, hopefully we can cheer you up after an emotional morning.

Yvonne

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Damm would of come could do with a lovely trek after the last few days,but i promised to go to a fun show . Have a great walk x

·
Premium Member
11,599 Posts
Sorry Ness would have loved to have come,but Tara has conjuntivitis.The Vet said to keep her away from other dogs.Maybe next time.Hope you have a good time.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awwww thanks guys, I knew it'd be a bit short notice, I just thought I'd post here on the off-chance. Thanks for bumping Von, and see you tomorrow at 2 in the same carpark as last time! x

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went away straight after the walk, so this is the first chance I have had to post the pics of the walk.

It's a fantastic circuit, we walked it backwards to last time and we all felt it was much better this way. Sadly, the streams and creeks which were full last time (and made it a fab swimming spot) have all dried up over the summer. We'll just have to go back in the springtime and check that they are full again :)

We only stopped for photos towards the end of the walk, as we were entering The Avenue on our way back in to the Avebury Stone Circle.

There were some young cattle in the field... here's what happened... :D

:D

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Those calves were so funny Ness. It's a shame they wouldn't sit nicely like the dogs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love the pics. We'll have to do it again soon.

Yvonne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts