Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

Yvonne has found a fab canal-side walk which goes from Hungerford to Bedwyn, and there's even a dog-friendly pub enroute we can have lunch in!! We checked it out the other day and found a great spot to park, and there is loads of swimming for the water babies among us.

I was thinking, since Ozzie loves a Proper Walk, that we could maybe tie this in with his birthday?

So, who's around on either 12th or 13th Sept, and would like to join us?

This walk is about 5 miles one way, and would take maybe 2 hours if we don't dawdle.

I was thinking about starting for 11am so we could work up our appetite for lunch?

Those who want to walk back again can do so, but others may like to take the train from Great Bedwyn back to Hungerford again.

Please note : Proper Walks are not for puppies under 1 year of age, or dogs with mobility problems (arthritis etc). They are usually around 5 miles and take about 2-3 hours (depending on how much chatterboxing occurs). We try to visit a pub enroute or after the walk. For those who aren't used to walking : please wear proper hiking boots, bring waterproofs and drinking water for yourself and your dogs.

G

·
Oh bummer I miss this by two weeks, I am down in Gloucester two weeks later and normally walk part of the canal walk with my friend from Surrey and her lab and we do lunch too with the dogs.

Hope you have a great time though

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Just got back from Hols and desperate to keep my walking up so will definitely be there for this. Sat or Sun don't mind which

Yvonne

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MissLurker said:
Oh bummer I miss this by two weeks, I am down in Gloucester two weeks later and normally walk part of the canal walk with my friend from Surrey and her lab and we do lunch too with the dogs.

Hope you have a great time though
Sam, you could be in luck!!!

Unfortunately, I can't make 13th Sept anymore, as I'm being sent away for work.

When are you down, we'll see if we can do the walk while you're down here?

Cheers!

G

·
I am down on the 25th for a long weekend and could only meet up with you all on the 26th. Will have the twins with me and they might not want to do the five mile walk but we could meet you all for lunch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts