Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im getting worried that I am over feeding Hudson. He has just turned 5 months and gets about 200g morning, 140g at lunch and 200g at dinner (he also gets treats when we are training) but when I fill his kong I take it out of the meals. Going by the bag (wainwrights salmon & potato) he is getting what a 6-12 month large dog would get at the moment, well I am guessing as I dont know what weight he will be fully grown.

He is about 17kg just now and all legs! He is lean and not got any podge on him.

Thanks for the advice in advance :)

C

·
0 Posts
They all differ, my parents lab(she is 4) has less than 150g a day and is really podgey ( more than podgey in fact)

Willow (who is 6 months) has 350g a day and is a skinny bean and more legs than body. I feed by eye and by feel.
If her ribs start to become easily visible I feed her more, if I have to poke a bit more to feel them I feed a bit less.

·
Administrator
20,484 Posts
Feed the dog, not the chart. I bet you've never weighed your own or your husband's food so is this less important than your dog? Quite frankly, I have never weighed any of my dog's food, my measurement is in "Hands full" and I raise or lower the amount according to how my dog's look and feel.

Regards, John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts