Labradors Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi,

If proplr dont mind could they put up some photos of their kennels/runs or send the in a message to me, just so I can get a better idea, especially any home made ones

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Just one thing I would say, from experience, don't have anything that you can't stand up in!! Its a real pain if you need to clean it out while having to bend your head and shoulders :roll: .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I'm new here and looking for advice... I have a wonderful yellow pup, currently 12 weeks - she's my 3rd Labrador and the first one I've had in a "northern climate". I live in western Washington state, north of Seattle, and the winters are temperate due to rain, with VERY occasional snow days and temps in the 20's (rare). Due to the size and configuration of my smallish home, I'm contemplating an outdoor kennel ( I have a good-sized yard) that is substantial enough for her to spend the night. I'm imagining a minimum 10x10 enclosure with an insulated 'house'. I can also run power and a heat lamp to the location if necessary. So, general questions about what age is appropriate for the "transition" and designs and/or manufacturers of a good, insulated dog house. I can figure out the pen on my own. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts