Labradors Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some, well quite a few, photos of the boys today.

I started off with some steadiness training with young Wylye. His first time round pens with pheasants and since he'll accompany me lots, really important to get this bit right!

So we did some off lead heelwork (notice lead wrapped round, just in case!). He was very good bless him.

Some sits and stays whilst a naughty loose pheasant was running round the outside of the pen (out of shot) and he was again nice and steady although I think it took some will power!

After a while, he really settled down well with the others whilst we did a fwe minor alterations to some pens.

For being such good boys, the three of them, we then let them have 'time off' away from the pheasants, which they enjoyed a lot. Wylye took out all his pent up energy on Barney (who didn't seem to mind).

Lots of fun in the water on this SUNNY *faint* day!

Lastly a bit of jumping from Barney and Wylye (but not Bert, who needed some manual help!)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Nice pictures H.

Wylye jumping is less than flattering methinks :lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps as he gets older and braver he will open his eyes. :D :D :D

Just one point of note, we have Wylye being (allegedly :wink: ) steady to an unseen pheasant, this is an improvement on Jills Hare Retrieves without pictures, but not quite what we expect on here.

8/10, must try harder!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
monkeyboy said:
Just one point of note, we have Wylye being (allegedly :wink: ) steady to an unseen pheasant, this is an improvement on Jills Hare Retrieves without pictures, but not quite what we expect on here.

8/10, must try harder!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew
fair cop *hangs head in shame*. I really did try though, honest lol.

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Cut to the quick by your harsh comments Andrew :( .

And I have just shoved the camera in the car just in case we train on anything interesting tomorrow :wink: .

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Atta girl Jill, be prepared, always have the camera with you :wink:

Andrew

PS Your pictureless retrieving thread has inspired me to a similar post sometime in November "Cocker Sits Patiently on Peg, Whilst I'm in the Hot Spot on the Third Drive" Sorry no pics forgot me camera!!!!! You'll just have to imagine it, I try sometimes it's fun :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Ettinsmoor said:
And I have just shoved the camera in the car just in case we train on anything interesting tomorrow :wink: .
Excellent!! Clearing the diary right now to await the photos!! :D

Helen – fine pics, your pup is growing up fast, how did the intro of the poults go?

John

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
EJW said:
how did the intro of the poults go?

John
Well he was certainly interested and wide eyed John. He suddenly grew a neck like a giraffe lol. That said he responded well to my commands and was a good boy. I wouldn't trust him yet but it was a good intro nonetheless :)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Great pics Helen, Wylye has certainly grown, loving the one of Bert waiting to be helped over the fence, he`s not as daft as he looks, why waste energy jumping when some idiot will lift you over :wink: :lol: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts