Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Bradley our puppy got into bed with us last night for the first time, (he normally can't reach our normal bed but we slept in a different place)and it wasn't til then that we realised just how loud his snoring is..lol!!

Anyone else have a snoraholic for a lab??

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi ,Bradsleysmum lol well me and my husband have had our labs sleep in the bedroom since macy came along we never wanted suzy to be left out and my hubby alwasy complains about there snoring he says it worse than mine
well dont mind them sleeping on the bedroom floor on there own beds but i personal dont mind them jummping up and sleeping on the bed but sdadly my hubby put his foot frimly down of this issue and says there better treat them him
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
i hope Bradley is just like macy and lets you cuddele upto him when hes about to go o sleep i think there just like small babies adoruable
:p :p :p :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
Red

Red was a fox red yellow Labrador who was found as a sick, colarless, stray and turned over to a rescue organization to nurse back to health. he was an older Lab with immpecable manners, a real gentleman. And a champion snorer. When he curled up in his chair he would snore. When he went to bed he would often wake Wife up with his snores. Once and a while he even would wake me up. When he was asleep on the floor his snoring would resonate throughout the house. Made the floor vibrate.

There is nothing like the love of an old dog. The day Red died a part of my world disappeared. The house had lost part of its voice. There was something comforting about the sound of his snoring. Maybe it was a sign that all was right in the world. We miss Red very much.

Misty snores softly. Jack rips a snore every once and a while, but it is Red that was the champion.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Labdad,

Red sounds like he was a really loving companion for you, i'm sorry you no longer have him with you, you must miss him alot. It's the little things they do that comfort us alot isnt it, i know what you mean about the noises, especially the snoring. Sometimes during the night, if i can't hear Bradley snoring (that's rare mind you!) i find myself waking up to see where he is and if he's ok.

I know definately that Red was in the right world, he was part of your world, and the love our dogs have for us, and the love we have for them is incredibly strong.

I'd like to think one day we will all meet up again with our loved and lost ones, it's a nice thought i keep in my mind.

Have you ever had a portrait done of a photo of Red?

I know sometimes alot of people have this done, maybe this would be a nice keepsake for you & your family to have.

It's nice to have you part of our community here on labforums, we will share the memory of Red together.

Regards
Bradleysmum

·
Registered
286 Posts
We have an album and a scrap book of Red. I have written a few stories of Red's life with us that I hope to share here eventually.

There is absolutely nothing like the love of an older dog.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We have an album and a scrap book of Red.
It helps to remember them I think & they really make a big impact on your life. Alfie was only with us until he was 8 months old. He came in & shook up our lives. He left such a big hole. Hence the reason that we now have Kane.

While we were still up in Scotland I looked at albums but saw a wooden box that holds photos with a kind of glass front. I used the computer to make up a montage of our favourite pictures & printed it & that is in the front of the box. Inside is his collar, a piece of chocolate, a bit of his favourate ball (bit I hasten to add!), a baby tooth that Andrea managed to salvage & all the pictures that we have. Sitting on top is Alfie. I paid to have him cremated & posted down to us as he had died in Scotland.

We are hopefully going to eventualy spread his ashes at his favourite part of Clumber Park beside a tree he used to always run ahead to & facing the lake he used to love swimming in. Andrea isn't ready yet...

I must admit some family & friends do give it a funny look when they come to visit. The non dog owners :!:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts